Come in and introduce yourself!
Kentuckian
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

Hello from Kentucky!

Post by Kentuckian »

Hello everyone,

We live in central Kentucky and have just purchased a new (to us) 1993 B190. Our B190 has 82k miles and the 7.5L gasoline engine. The chassis, drivetrain and cabins are in great condition. However, the RV needs some TLC to get it back into top condition. We are already having fun with our refurbishing project.

We are seasoned backpack campers but new to the world of RVs. I am delighted to find this community of B190 users and look forward to joining in!

Regards, Kentuckian
1993 Airstream B190
Wakeslayer
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Re: Hello from Kentucky!

Post by Wakeslayer »

Sweet! Welcome, and post a couple pics.
Just get on the Bus!!

Mike & Barbara
billie
New User
B190 Year: 1998

Post by billie »

hi kentucky, we are new at this also,just got a 1998 190 and doing a lot of cleaning on this camper getting ready for a trip to the east tn mountains and have so many questions about the best place to park over night and not in a camp ground. where to order air stream parts? like i said we are new too, good luck with your air stream 190.
URStruly
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991

Post by URStruly »

Billie

Most WalMart stores will allow overnite parking in their parking lot. Go to the manager, usually in a small cubicle at the cash registers, and ask for permission to park and where they want you to park. Flying J and some of the other gas stations that cater to truckers have space for campers.

State and National parks have campgrounds that are less expensive than commercial campgrounds. They are quieter but have less entertainment facilities. Most GPS will locate campgrounds for you. But when you cross the state line on major roads at the welcome center you can get a tourist guide for the state. This will have major attractions in the state along with a list of state and national campgrounds.

If your objective in overnite parking is to save money keep in mind if you go 10 miles out of the way to find a parking place this is a 20 mile round trip and will cost you $7 to $8 in gas alone.urs.
Kentuckian
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Post by Kentuckian »

Welcome to the site, Billie. There is a wealth of information on our RVs here. I just finished reading all the old post! Haha! A few per day...

I am still working my way through each switch, valve and appliance checking everything out on our 190. Post as you have questions and we will all try to support one another.

Regards, Kentuckian
1993 Airstream B190