Anyone replaced window latches - upper front?

Maintenance of the body of the camper
Reddeer
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

Anyone replaced window latches - upper front?

Post by Reddeer »

Has anyone replaced broken Hehr latches on the windows in the upper front of the rig? I unscrewed the metal frame inside, but it appears the windows have to "pop out" to the outside to disassemble and replace the handle/latch? Any advice? Thanks.
micabarry
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991

Re: Anyone replaced window latches - upper front?

Post by micabarry »

Hi, I know this is an old thread but wondering if you were successful locating a hehr latch and replacing.it. I just bought a 91 with missing latch.
nvestysly
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1998
WBCCI: 16771

Post by nvestysly »

Hehr is still in business and was very helpful answering questions for me recently. They don't sell parts direct but ParKin is one of their major suppliers. The web sites are:

http://hehrintl.com/index.htm

http://www.parkin-acc.com/

I looked around on the ParKin web site and they have Hehr latches for sale. Good luck.
We sold our 1998 B190, V-10
Currently own a 2010 Airstream Interstate
Reddeer
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Reddeer »

Hello all,

I did not attempt to complete the repair this year - there were other priorities. I may have my RV mechanic do it next spring.
91B190
B190 Year: 1991

Post by 91B190 »

Reddeer wrote:Hello all,

I did not attempt to complete the repair this year - there were other priorities. I may have my RV mechanic do it next spring.
You would start with your windows removed, clean the window frame with some type of grease remover (mineral spirits, acetone, etc), make sure the surface of the fiberglass is clean as well. Take your butyl tape and put it all along the seam on the outside. The butyl tape should stick out further than your window frame. Put the window in place and tighten all screws down, you will see butyl tape start compressing. Remove the excess butyl tape from the outside of the frame where it hangs out. Allow it to dry and that should be it! There all a few videos on youtube that show the process well.
Reddeer
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Reddeer »

Thanks 91B910. Did you buy some windows and if so, from whom? Thanks.