Keeping drain slot clean

Maintenance of the body of the camper
rbtbvan

Keeping drain slot clean

Post by rbtbvan »

I think I found out that water leakage in the sliding windows may be because the window tracks are not free from dirt or accumulation of pollen, etc.
On my 92 version the rubber gaskets around the windows had receded slightly in one or two spots. This allowed the crud to build up and doesn't allow the water to drain out of the small rectangular slots at the bottoms of the windows. I took the gaskets out cleaned them and used a come household lubricant jelly to make them fit more easier when I put them back in place. Also blew the slots and tracks out with an air hose. The Van went through a 4.5 inch rain after this and I had one small drop on the bed. I'm still looking into this problem but I may have filled the track with water when I pressure washed the Van. I will using a bit of tape over the slots before pressure washing the next time. Has anyone had this problem?
Wanderlost
Weekend Camper

sliding window

Post by Wanderlost »

I'm getting water through one of my windows. The drain seems clear. Did you remove & reinstall the exterior rubber wx strip? I see it has shrunk a bit. It wouldn't be the felt type strip the window slides in would it?
B190 1996
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

Re: Keeping drain slot clean

Post by Eamonn McG »

I had the same issue with the receded moulding around the window. It was leaking and coming into the camper and when I accelerate it runs out from underneath the bed and pours all over the passenger side chair. I'm relatively handy but figured I'd take it to the shop to have them give a second opinion. They said this is common especially in the northeast where we get cold and hot weather. They pulled the window out, cleaned the tracks and put a brand new strip of weather stripping on there and I havent had the issue since.