Wetsand and restoration of gelcoat underway!!!

Maintenance of the body of the camper
jb1rd73
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Post by jb1rd73 »

I took the beast into the RV shop 2 weeks ago to get the gel-coat on the bubble top restored and a 3 part compound to the van body, needless to say I am very interested as to how it turns out as it is not cheap and it seemed to be a big hurdle in the selling process. I will post before and after pictures when it is all finished. Hoping to have it ready to go back on the market by the middle of April, it's going to be a very sad day.
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler

Re: Wetsand and restoration of gelcoat underway!!!

Post by Tucsonan »

It will be nice to see how it comes out. Are you planning replacing the stripes? You've done so much work on your rig, it's a shame you have to sell. I am finally getting some free time to catch up on the work I need to do to mine. Good Luck!
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"
jb1rd73
Seasoned Traveler

Post by jb1rd73 »

They called this afternoon and it's ready!!!! No not replacing the stripes, I called Airstream and they no longer make them and there was no back stock. I could have a sign shop recreate them but it is not the same so going to leave it bare and let the new owners decide what to do. I am really bummed but life is full of changes and just have to roll with it. Try as I might I just cant get as excited about the slide in camper for my truck, there is just something special about these rigs!!!!!!
VT964x4
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996

Post by VT964x4 »

Would love to see photos if you get the chance!
jb1rd73
Seasoned Traveler

Post by jb1rd73 »

I'll try to get some posted this weekend, depends on the weather and my schedule. The top turned out amazing, they did not do the compounding on the body due to a messed up service order written up by the front office. He did say that the striping was so baked into the paint that if he used a mechanical buffer it would most likely eat through the single stage paint that these rigs come with. I will be working on a hand buff for the body and having a sign shop redo the stripe, and then tackle the storage area where the shower was. All of this and then selling it, someone is going to have an amazing rv!!Image
jb1rd73
Seasoned Traveler

Post by jb1rd73 »

added a quick pic, I will take more when I get back to it, but this one definitely shows the gloss, the shop did a good job
jb1rd73
Seasoned Traveler

Post by jb1rd73 »

ImageImage

Sent by magic, I mean come on really, pictures through thin air, MAGIC!!!