TV Antenna suggestion

Maintenance of the body of the camper
Eagle
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

TV Antenna suggestion

Post by Eagle »

Not sure if this is the proper place for this question. If not, please move to the correct area.

I have been using one of those stick on window TV antennas. It has been working very well, but now the attachments that hold it in place have gone bad due to the sun shinning on them.

Now is the time to find a replacement and if anyone on this forum has a suggestion I would like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance and happy camping.

Wayne
BOBandDEB
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Re: TV Antenna suggestion

Post by BOBandDEB »

If you want to install a roof mounted antenna, the KING Digital HDTV Antenna System is very highly rated. I installed a Winegard antenna on my roof, but because of the limited space on our roofs, plus the fact that you don't have to crank the King antenna up and down like you do the Winegard, I would now go with the King. Here is a link to the King site: http://kingconnect.com/product/king-jack-antenna/
Eagle
Weekend Camper

Post by Eagle »

Thanks, I looked at the site. There appears they manufacturer several different antennas. I downloaded their manual and will read and see if any will work.

Wayne
slapthecat
Seasoned Traveler

Post by slapthecat »

Another alternative is building a "fractal antenna" - lots of DIY sites explain it. I made one out of tin foil - works better than any store bought HD antenna I've tried!