Sewer Hose Door

Maintenance of the body of the camper
BuddyR
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

Re: Sewer Hose Door

Post by BuddyR »

I did the electrical part myself. It was pretty easy really. I got a piece of stainless from my friend and he cut it it fit. Fun part was drilling the hole,..lol.
I cut the old power cable with plenty to spare so I could easily make the new connection. It wasn't a bad project.
Oldbagpipe
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1989

Post by Oldbagpipe »

skater wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:44 am
Oldbagpipe wrote:I went that way with the power cord, as well. However, I went with a chrome marine installation. The old door wouldn't stay shut and seemed like easy access for rodents and bugs. This works great!
Does the chrome cover screw closed, or is it spring loaded, too? (I know the power connection is right there, so the goal of stopping bugs/rodents is met, I'm just curious how the cover works.)
Sorry, I missed this one. The chrome cover screws shut. We've had it about a year now and I am very pleased. Because I am color blind, we had an electrician friend transfer the wiring which took him about 5 minutes.
chrisb
New User

Post by chrisb »

Seasoned Traveler did you ever find a solution to modify the sewer hose pipe to fit a modern hose?
Thanks I know its been a while.

quote=190-b-651 post_id=10140 time=1502717184 user_id=19881]
Mine is a little different to. I haven't replaced the sewer door yet but did the electric cord door and found a exact match on amazon. The only hose that fits in that compartment is the cheap hose that came with mine. I've been thinking about trying to put in a new tube and door that would let me fit the newer type of hose. The ends are larger and the door isn't large enough but im not sure if there is enough room between the black water tank and the floor for a larger pvc tube to fit.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
[/quote]
Oldbagpipe
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1989

Post by Oldbagpipe »

So I took out the old sewer door and installed a storage door, in its place (yet to be painted). This allows me to put my hose in a bin, my gloves, and any attachments. It also allows me to use a longer hose.
Attachments
New Door.jpg
New Door.jpg (539.08 KiB) Viewed 2947 times
IMG_2626.jpg
IMG_2626.jpg (108.43 KiB) Viewed 2947 times