AC condensation leaking on passenger floor

Maintenance of the body of the camper
slapthecat
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

AC condensation leaking on passenger floor

Post by slapthecat »

Ok! I've got water on my passenger floor. This is a 1990 unit with the 460. After MUCH trial and error, and a new windshield (one leak fixed!), I've narrowed it down to water in the heater box from the AC unit. What I cant find is how the condensation is supposed to drain out. Has anyone on here gotten into the heating/cooling system?!? I'm trying to understand how it's all pieced together. I'm guessing this has something to do with the evaporator coil and condensation drain on the engine side of the firewall. I pulled the blower motor to get a look inside the box - no water, and didn't see/feel any obvious drain points (would there be condensation on that side of the coil if it's blowing forward? Thinking not) I've opened the heater box and can see that the area in front of the heater core is dry - I haven't pulled the heater core yet, but that may happen to get a better look at the evap coil...? Bueller?
SeaQuinn
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1999

Re: AC condensation leaking on passenger floor

Post by SeaQuinn »

Howdy :) Did you ever figure this one out?
slapthecat
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Re: AC condensation leaking on passenger floor

Post by slapthecat »

It is resolved, but not sure which fix did it!
I had a leaky windshield - replaced that, which eliminated one source. I had a leaky heater core hose, so drops of coolant were riding along the heater core inlet pipe and dripping inside the van. When I pulled the heater core out to replace the o-ring on the connectors, I was able to make sure the blower box drain was cleared out (suspected it was blocked but couldn’t confirm). But where the drain feeds to left a lot of water on a seam between the floor and firewall, and with the leaking coolant, ate away at the seam sealant, so I had water coming in there too! Resealed and haven’t had water in a while... knock knock knock!
If you’re chasing a problem and want some pics from my endeavors, PM me!