Seasoned Traveler

Another U Joint from today May 2021

Post by 3Patels »

Blair
Seasoned Traveler

Re: Another U Joint from today May 2021

Post by Blair »

Yep, Chris and team do awesome work.
A little confused about his narrative though.

He states that '97 was the last year of production of the B190. I am under impression it was 99/2000 years.
Also, I thought he said he would no longer do conversions on anything older than '99.

I still do not have my B190 yet, but hope that Ujoint will be able to do my conversion.

TFPU
CollinCools

Post by CollinCools »

Exactly, I emailed him about getting my 96 b190 done and he said they are no longer doing them. This guy either scheduled it before they made that policy or the guy offered Chris a lot of money and made it worth his time.
Sergio
New User

Post by Sergio »

I highly recommend Clydesdale Vans in Kamloops BC. I did my 4x4 conversion there using their kit.

Added a Ujoint Front bumper and sidesteps. Clydesdale Vans also built a custom ladder and roof rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EricaS
B190 Year: 1997

Post by EricaS »

https://youtu.be/7endnwe0LiU

Here's the last one they had contracted to do. I had it delivered to them last October and I don't think they took any more after this one.
Tbrasse
B190 Year: 1995

Post by Tbrasse »

You can still order all the parts from U-joint so you get their engineering, their springs, their steering, etc. You could technically do it yourself, but I ended up hiring a know 4x4 fabrication shop to install it all, knowing they have lots of experience with this kind of custom work. It isn't cheap at all, but considering the safety factor and the quality level this deserves, it was worth it to me.
Chris has been very responsive and helpful to me during this process and mine is waiting on the springs and kit at the shop now. Covid delays I suppose.