Electrical Connection Cover

Maintenance of the body of the camper
weekender
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

Electrical Connection Cover

Post by weekender »

Does anyone have a source for the plastic flange for the electrical connection? Mine has broken the cover. My local RV store has only options in white, and all so far have been larger than the existing cutout.

Thanks for any suggestions.
baggydew
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Post by baggydew »

Hey Weekender....I replaced mine a couple of years ago. Found the part at my local RV store but can understand you not being able to find one in Northampton. I was up there in July looking for a lens cover for my bunk light and had no luck on Rte 5 north of town, even though it's a standard item. Anyway, Camping World has them for about 5 bucks. Go to their website and click on "electrical adapters". Search that area till you come to "Round Electrical Cable Hatch". They come in white and Off-White. I painted mine silver before instillation.
weekender
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Post by weekender »

Hey Baggydew-- sorry to hear I missed a fellow member in my area! We are pretty rare around these parts. Up to this point, I had been pretty lucky with Diamond RV (Longview RV closed a couple of months ago-- where my van was originally purchased). Thanks for the Camping World listing-- I had found it, but they want $11 to ship a $4.44 part-- and they only carry it in white or almond. I was able to contact Airstream direct-- but they have no supplier for a silver hatch either-- though the very nice woman I spoke to, went back into the original paper work, and to the original supplier-- where is clearly says grey/silver, but even that supplier does not make them anymore. I'm going to keep looking, hoping to find someone with more reasonable shipping charges.

Did you ever find your light cover?
baggydew
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Post by baggydew »

Found my lens cover when I got home at my local RV dealer. They had it in stock even though Diamond told me I'd probably have to contact Airstream. Years back, I bought a camper from Longview and thought they had a better Parts Dept. I think you might have to paint the cover once you find one. I just used silver paint and sprayed clear acrylic over it tp seal the paint. It's held up well. I did the same thing with all the other hatches and covers. I can see if they have one at my local dealer and send it to you if you want. I'll check.