Bike and Motor Scooter Rack

Towing with the B190
LarryMarty
Weekend Camper

Bike and Motor Scooter Rack

Post by LarryMarty »

Does anyone have the cargo rack? I've looked at a few, but am curious as to how this would make the vechile ride/drive.....
..and is there a brand or type that would be best for us?
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Bike and Motor Scooter Rack

Post by skater »

LarryMarty wrote:Does anyone have the cargo rack? I've looked at a few, but am curious as to how this would make the vechile ride/drive.....
..and is there a brand or type that would be best for us?
I've looked at a few (by "bike" I assume you mean bicycle - if you're talking motorcycle, then I have NO idea! :) ).

There are the kind that hang on the ladder. From what I've read, if you use this, be sure to secure the bike so that it doesn't move around at all, because not only will it damage the bike it can also mangle the ladder.

Another type is the kind that mounts in the hitch. Honestly, as long as there is room for the spare tire (if yours is on the back door), I can't see a problem with those.

Both styles seem like they will make access to the back door more difficult - which would be a headache if you pull into a campground just for one night and didn't intend to use the bikes. The ladder style might be better about it, though, if you can find a way to open the door without unhanging the bike.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit