New User
B190 Year: 1989
WBCCI: 0

Fresh water Drain line cap

Post by myxedgyrl »

Hi,

I'm new here and and fumbling around trying to figure out this RV
It's a 1989 Airstream 190.
I tried to fill the water tank up and then a steady stream of water soon came out from the bottom.
It was hard for me to get down to see the hole. Looks like a screw on cap is missing. I guess after we winterized and drain out water, it got misplaced.

Does anyone know the size so I can replace it?

Many many thanks,
Rebekah
Kentuckian
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

Re: Fresh water Drain line cap

Post by Kentuckian »

Rebekah,
It sounds like you may be new to the B190? In my 1993 B190 there are three valves used for draining the water system. I wonder if your valve(s) are open from someone draining the water system? One valve is behind the narrow side door towards the bottom of the cabinet. The other two valves are under the closet floor in the back of the B. You can get to them by opening the rear door closest to the closet. When the valve handle is lined up with the direction of the hose, the water valve is open and will drain. So you want the handle perpendicular to the water line to close the valve.

I don't know about some kind of screw on cap? Could you describe where it is located?
1993 Airstream B190
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Fresh water Drain line cap

Post by skater »

Yeah, on ours, there was a drain valve for the water tank inside the side doors, under the counter. Check that first.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit