1997 B190 Leakey fresh water fill hose

Keep the water inside the pipes, tanks, and sinks
mistercmo
B190 Year: 1997
WBCCI: 0

1997 B190 Leakey fresh water fill hose

Post by mistercmo »

Hi all,
Just started going over the camping systems on my new-to-me 1997 B190. I'm fairly familiar with travel trailers & RVs. So, the fresh water fill hose is all dried out, cracked and leaking. Spent a few hours under the van trying to remove the hose...not so easy. How do I replace this hose? Do I have to drop the tank? Can I buy a B190 specific replacement hose or should I rig up something from generic hose?

Thanks in advance,
Charlie
nvestysly
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1998
WBCCI: 16771

Re: 1997 B190 Leakey fresh water fill hose

Post by nvestysly »

Our 1998 had a similar problem when we bought it a few years ago. Don't know how similar you 1997 is to our '98.

I was able to access the hose clamp on top of the fresh water tank. It took some doing and some contortions on my park. I had to put the rear of the van on jack stands so I could manage to sit relatively upright under the van. I forget which angle I was able to see the top of the tank - might have been from the front near the differential. Anyway I removed the hose clamp at the top of the tank. If you have a receptive mechanic in your area maybe they would put the van on their lift and you could avoid some of the contortions.

From inside the van, under one of the cabinets, I was able to access the back side of the water fill panel. I removed the hose clamp at that point and was able to pull all the hose out from the cabinet area.

The water fill hose is corrugated and can be purchased at most RV supply shops. I measured and then bought an extra foot or so. Assuming all this goes well for you don't forget to seal around the hole in the floor (under the cabinet, above the tank) to eliminate an air leak and potential bug entry area.
We sold our 1998 B190, V-10
Currently own a 2010 Airstream Interstate
mistercmo

Post by mistercmo »

THANKS!

I did get it out finally. Had to unscrew a few interior panels and slide back some heater ductwork. But (you were right) it can be done! I ordered some hose from Amazon that looks like the right stuff.
mistercmo

Post by mistercmo »

Finally got it done! CONTORTIONS for sure! But, yes, it can be done. A lift would help a lot.
8Track
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1999

Post by 8Track »

I just had to do this repair myself. Instead of taking out cabinets to reach the fresh water inlet, you can remove the outside panel held by 4 screws and remove the clamped hose from there. A LOT easier than removing cabinets etc. to access it from the inside. I learned this the hard way.
tdashmike
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1998

Post by tdashmike »

8Track wrote:I just had to do this repair myself. Instead of taking out cabinets to reach the fresh water inlet, you can remove the outside panel held by 4 screws and remove the clamped hose from there. A LOT easier than removing cabinets etc. to access it from the inside. I learned this the hard way.
Mine me is leaking too, will try that. Thanks.