Hot water, Cold water

Keep the water inside the pipes, tanks, and sinks
Mark
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1997
WBCCI: 0

Hot water, Cold water

Post by Mark »

I just noticed that when I have my water tanked heated, if I have my pump on, I get cold water out of the cold water side. Without the pump on I get hot water.

I'm thinking that, without the pump on, the gasket and spring on the cold water side are so weak/worn that they can't engage without the added pressure of the pump. I think my fix is to simply replace rhe gasket and spring.

Opinions?
If it ain't fun - it ain't done!
DavidP
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Re: Hot water, Cold water

Post by DavidP »

If you don't have the B on city water then I would have to think that the residual pressure and the added pressure of the water being hot is just pushing it out the cold side untill the system pressure is exhausted. The only check valve that I know of is the one in the pump to keep City water from filling the onboard tank. I am actually going to try this experiment tomorrow.
Mark
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1997
WBCCI: 0

Re: Hot water, Cold water

Post by Mark »

I'm not on city water but I noticed that when I have my pump on, the faucet works as usual and I get cold water from the cold side. I think you are correct that the pressure in the hot water tank is overpowering the lack of pressure on the cold water side.
If it ain't fun - it ain't done!