Kitchen Sink de-Wintering?

Keep the water inside the pipes, tanks, and sinks
WildZora
B190 Year: 1997
WBCCI: 0

Kitchen Sink de-Wintering?

Post by WildZora »

Ok, sorry if this is a silly question...
I just DEwinterized this season... and everything works great except the kitchen faucets, both hot and cold, blew some air initially... but now they won't do anything -- no water, no air-hiss -- nothing.

Is there a valve somewhere that sends water to the kitchen sink that I forgot about??

Or could they have somehow simultaneously busted? Seems unlikely... more likely that I'm just forgetting something simple.
I've tried on both city water and tank w/pump -- the bathroom sink works fine with either... but the kitchen sink...nuthin'!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Kitchen Sink de-Wintering?

Post by skater »

Take off the filter screen and make sure it's clean. (The thing that screws on to the end of the faucet to give a nice smooth flow of water.)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
WildZora

Post by WildZora »

That actually worked!!

Wow -- hard to believe just a little dirt-buildup could make it completely stop like that...

Thanks!!
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

WildZora wrote:That actually worked!!

Wow -- hard to believe just a little dirt-buildup could make it completely stop like that...
I didn't have the time to type out how I knew that, but I do now: After our first winterizing with the trailer, we were camping again, and I filled the water tank and turned on the pump and thought I was good to go. (Note, I only blow out the lines - I don't use the antifreeze in the fresh water lines.) But, only the shower and toilet worked. I was really scratching my head, and it took at least 10 minutes before I thought to check those filter screens - turns out the kitchen and bathroom screens were both clogged with debris. They were fine before I winterized!

The clue for me was that the filtered water faucet in the kitchen also worked. I knew the line for that branched off the cold water line right before the sink, and there were no valves, so I realized that whatever was stopping the water had to be in the faucet.

WildZora

Post by WildZora »

The common element there is that we both winterized with high-pressure air -- that's what's pushing the debris through the lines to the faucet filter.
Thanks again for the perfect advice at the perfect time! -J.
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

WildZora wrote:The common element there is that we both winterized with high-pressure air -- that's what's pushing the debris through the lines to the faucet filter.
Yep. Of course then we have to wonder where that debris came from. Probably some of the gasket material in the polybutelene pipe connections.