Replacement Sink?!?

Keep the water inside the pipes, tanks, and sinks
slapthecat
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

Replacement Sink?!?

Post by slapthecat »

The sink is too small!!! And I'm having a heckuva time finding something that will fit the countertops we have.
Any tips? Hints? Suggestions?!?
okaynagan
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995

Re: Replacement Sink?!?

Post by okaynagan »

slapthecat wrote:The sink is too small!!! And I'm having a heckuva time finding something that will fit the countertops we have.
Any tips? Hints? Suggestions?!?

going to need a lot more imformation than what you gave. For one, what existing sink to you have? I know my sister's B190 has a single small sink, that is in the 92; ours,the 95 is a double sink small sink.
How much bigger, deeper or/and wider? double bowl or single? drop in or undermount?
Do you plan on cutting a bigger hole in the your countertop?
Do you want to go custom? https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... 78&dpr=1.2 - imgrc=_
There are a number of do-it-yourself RV sinks out there on youtube.
And lastly how deep are your pockets? If you Google RV sinks you come up with hundreds to choose from. Everything you could want is out there for a "price". https://www.google.com/search?q=rv+sink ... 27&bih=678
slapthecat
Seasoned Traveler

Post by slapthecat »

Yep - bad post on my part!!!

I have a 1990 - single bowl sink. I forgot the later models came with a double sink! How do you like that?!? The single bowl is too small for even a large frying pan (and the faucet doesn't move, making it a game to clean most anything!), so water goes everywhere - to the point that the edge of the countertop is expanding and shedding.

I'm ready for a full remodel on the countertop, so pretty much anything goes. Planning to replace the countertop and remodel the cabinet space underneath to accommodate whatever I find. I'd like a single bowl - something wide - and a faucet that pulls out to a sprayer (Bought a new faucet! Apparently the current sink is a "bar sink", and as such the holes are spaced entirely different than standard RV fixtures)

If I remember correctly, the front and back frame of the cabinets are 17" apart - not finding anything that really utilizes that space! Either too big, or same size as what I've got. Contacted a couple of the big sink manufacturers, and they had nothing stock - looked into a custom sink, but it was over $300 - can't justify that!

I know I've seen pictures here and there of nice upgrades on the B190 sinks - just can't remember who or where! I'll go through those search links you posted and see if anything new turns up!
okaynagan
Weekend Camper

Post by okaynagan »

a stainless steel steam table pan could make a grant sink. They could be plumbed the same as the bowls
a few of the van builders are making sinks from, lot of youtube videos on this out there. These pans a fairly cheap, about $30 new, half that used. there are lids for these pans too.
they come in different sizes and depths
they come in different sizes and depths
pan.jpg (97.3 KiB) Viewed 13267 times
just an idea I'm putting out here.
a steam table pan available at restaurant supply houses or even on amazon
a steam table pan available at restaurant supply houses or even on amazon
steam table pan.jpg (12.55 KiB) Viewed 13267 times
Sub2RainEN
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Sub2RainEN »

Love this idea!

I’m in the same boat, 1990 with small sink. I want to tile my backsplash, but have a tall, stiff faucet that butts against it. Would like a bigger sink and faucet with sprayer handle. Also want a new countertop during next wave of renovations, with a counter extension and a hole for a fresh water dispenser (using refillable bottles under the sink).

I suppose this means losing the middle drawer? If I was more handy, I’d just reduce the height of that drawer, as I have a silverware tray there and the height is wasted.
okaynagan wrote:a stainless steel steam table pan could make a grant sink. They could be plumbed the same as the bowls
a few of the van builders are making sinks from, lot of youtube videos on this out there. These pans a fairly cheap, about $30 new, half that used. there are lids for these pans too.
pan.jpg
just an idea I'm putting out here.
steam table pan.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud 1990 B190 newbie owner
slapthecat
Seasoned Traveler

Post by slapthecat »

I don't know how I missed the post about the steam tray?!? I'm going to look into that!!!
And yes, the original faucet neck butts up against the wall, but that comes off. Loosen the flange around the base of it, and the faucet pops out. Put in your new backsplash and put the faucet back together.
Going to end up losing the middle drawer - will come up with some creative use for the space. Have to!
Sub2RainEN
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Sub2RainEN »

Yeah, the stainless and large size are on trend, too. Just going to try the faucet and backsplash now, the other stuff in the fall.

I’m thinking of either butcher block or marble for the counter. I’ve heard marble remnants aren’t too pricey. Home Depot has butcher block counters in 6’ or 8’ lengths, could make counter extension and cutting boards out of the remnants.

slapthecat wrote:I don't know how I missed the post about the steam tray?!? I'm going to look into that!!!
And yes, the original faucet neck butts up against the wall, but that comes off. Loosen the flange around the base of it, and the faucet pops out. Put in your new backsplash and put the faucet back together.
Going to end up losing the middle drawer - will come up with some creative use for the space. Have to!

okaynagan
Weekend Camper

Post by okaynagan »

post a pix if you do this, I would dearly like to see this.

BTW, you can get these trays in different sizes too. Visit a restaurant supply house the deals in used equipment. You'll find these trays for a fraction of the price.
Sub2RainEN
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Sub2RainEN »

I will it will not be until summer or fall. Round one was the purchase. This round is mechanical repairs and a few cosmetics (backsplash, floors). Round three will probably be oven (just have 2 burners), sink, and counter, maybe a tilt steering wheel and new radio.

I wanted the toilet/tub, but now that I have it, I am seeing the benefit of the later, wet bath layout.

Wanderwasi

Post by Wanderwasi »

I purchased this sink ($31!) at IKEA. The gauge is 24 stainless, just like the pans available for DIY sinks but this way, it's set to go. I wish it were 18 gauge but I'm just not going to spend $200+ on a sink. I'm also getting a countertop from IKEA...they do have butcher block available!

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S69158007/
usachris
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1999

Post by usachris »

Wanderwasi wrote:I purchased this sink ($31!) at IKEA...
Very nice. Looks good in the butcher block counter in the sample photo on the IKEA web site. You might want to consider also installing a pullout faucet and a pump soap dispenser. We love ours. It’s the little things that make a big difference! Can’t wait to see your “before” and “after” photos! :D

Here is our refreshed galley:
Finished with our renovations.
Finished with our renovations.
5AE08B1D-D6EF-4701-81B4-ED8B2D7A908A.jpeg (41.88 KiB) Viewed 12785 times
Close up on the sink:
New sink, Corian countertop, pull out faucet & pump soap dispenser.
New sink, Corian countertop, pull out faucet & pump soap dispenser.
20368400-F5BF-4BDC-BC93-743CE3C178F0.jpeg (38.7 KiB) Viewed 12785 times
Christopher Salazar
1999 B190 #301352