Leaking Fixtures in a 1994 B190, Parts recommendations?

Keep the water inside the pipes, tanks, and sinks
Millennial Falcon
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Leaking Fixtures in a 1994 B190, Parts recommendations?

Post by Millennial Falcon »

OK!! I decided after two years of owning the van to FINALLY attempt to use the plumbing. It appears to have NEVER been used... the tank smells/looks immaculately clean inside.

I filled it to check for leaks, and noticed the following problems (most likely do to dried out 25 year old seals):
• The Kitchen Sprayer leaks from the base of the handle, where the handle attaches to the hose.
• The Shower Head "stop button" still leaves it trickling very heavily, but it does mostly stop the shower head flow.
• The Shower Faucet Handle (for cold water, hot water not tested yet) does not seem to effect water flow no matter it's position. On or Off... water pressure flows to the shower head.
• Water leaks from where the shower hose attaches to the faucet knobs.

Click Here to see Video of the Leaky Sink Sprayer
Click Here to see Video of the Shower Leaks

I'm thinking I need to just replace the entire sink sprayer, shower head, and the entire shower faucet control assembly?

Can anyone suggest a good replacement for the Shower Water Faucet assembly? Is it a huge hassle, and do you recommend I just try and replacing all bushings and seals? Otherwise I think it's best to just replace the whole assembly, especially if there's a "prettier/modern" looking one.

I've had these parts saved in my Amazon Wishlist for awhile, I think I found them from posts on this forum awhile back... but my plan is to order:

This Danze D469020 Metal Shower Hose
This Oxygenics Chrome Shower Head
Millennial Falcon
Seasoned Traveler

Re: Leaking Fixtures in a 1994 B190, Parts recommendations?

Good News!!! I got a bunch of O-rings at the corner hardware store, and a tube of plumber's grease... disassembled and fully lubed the faucet handle guts and replaced all the O-rings.

All fixed! No more leaks! Easy!!!

There is still a dribble leak where the hose attaches to the faucet controls... but I'm not repairing that, as I ordered the new shower head/hose I mentioned above and will be installing that anyway this week!!
Millennial Falcon
Seasoned Traveler

Re: Leaking Fixtures in a 1994 B190, Parts recommendations?

Well, the Shower Hose connection still leaks. It looks almost like it was designed to leak? Is this normal?

I've purchased the new (and longer) shower hose and installed it today. With plumber's grease on the O-ring and silicon tape on the threads. The leak appears to come from the small white plastic piece that the hose threads on to. IS this white piece of plastic supposed to extend and look this far pulled out?

This connection point, the white plastic threaded piece appears to have intentional vent-holes in the top of it... and that is where the little stream of water appears to come from. Is this normal for it to leak here? There is ZERO leak when the faucet handles are off... but there is a leak whenever there is water in the shower hose (whether the shower handle stop-flow button is engaged or not).

Here's a video of the leak at THIS LINK... Any ideas? Or do I need to pull the whole stove/oven combo and replace the entire faucet assembly?