Kitchen faucet...

Keep the water inside the pipes, tanks, and sinks
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Kitchen faucet...

Post by skater »

Okay, this has been an ongoing issue, and I've fixed it several times, but now it has come up again...

Basically, sometimes the kitchen faucet will run very slowly on one side and be fine on the other side. I know it's not water pressure because the shower and toilet work fine. Sometimes it's the hot, sometimes it's the cold. I'm certain the problem lies within the faucet itself.

Right now, it's the cold. It has something to do with the position of the cartridges. I just pulled it apart and reseated it, and the flow increased but still isn't as much as the hot side. I'm not sure if it has to do with the location of the outlet holes in the cartridge in relation to the hole in the faucet that sends water out the spigot, or if it's something else. Another possibility is that right now I have it aligned correctly (I marked where the outlet holes are on the cartridge so I was sure to align them to the spigot outlet), but the O-ring for controlling flow is too large, thus restricting flow on that side (I've had to replace them in the past).

I know this probably didn't make much sense. I'll take some pictures later and show you what I mean. Fortunately it's very easy to work on because I can just put water in the tank and turn the pump on and off for testing. (I'm at a campground now, so I'm good with what I have now, but I plan to spend some quality time at home working on it to see if I can nail down the exact problem.) But if anyone else has had a similar problem, I'd love to hear from them.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit