Shurflo Pump Problem

Keep the water inside the pipes, tanks, and sinks
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Shurflo Pump Problem

Post by Planck »

Have not seen any posts regarding the 12v Shurflo pump. Maybe that is because they are pretty reliable. Anyway, our "new" 93 B190 had many problems when we bought it(but it was rust free). I have all of these fixed except the 12v water pump. When I turn the pump on it never stops running. The Shurflo brochure that was in the camper said first to get a valve replacement kit($20). I got one, installed it and the pump still did not shut off. Brochure said if that did not work, it must be the pump switch and to get a switch kit($28). Before doing this, I noticed that the switch was not even hooked up. Someone had rewired the pump to bypass the switch, which is supposed to open when the pressure gets up around 40-45 psi. So, I re-wired to get the switch in the circuit and the pump still would not shut off. Took the pump out and pulled the switch unit off. Got to be careful doing this as a few little parts in there can fly off. Inside the switch housing is a very small micro-switch. This can be carefully pried out. I tested this micro-switch and it was faulty. Got on Ebay with the switch number and found one for under $6 including shipping. It should be here this weekend, so I will report back the results.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Sounds like you've zeroed in on the problem. :)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Planck »

As a follow up on attempting to repair the pump cutoff switch by just replacing the micro switch - it worked! The switch can be found by Googleing "Micro Switch V3-1-D8". This is the same except there are two input terminals; one normally open and one normally closed. Just try one until the pump comes on.

Unfortunately, there is either air in the system, or a water leak I have not been able to find, so the pump will not shut off unless I put my thumb over the output opening.