new to plumbing

Keep the water inside the pipes, tanks, and sinks
sunny1955
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

new to plumbing

Post by sunny1955 »

I have a 1991 , just filled with water into connection to the left of the double door-running on elec from house- does the water pump work off elec or batt. The gauges won't light up, so I can't tell is battery charged up- was not used for 2 yrs. Since I never used it, it was my mom's and she passed 2 yrs ago, I feel very unsure of what to turn on to check for leaks in the plumbing. I plugged in 6 hours ago and turned on the pump just now and is started but seemed to slow down so I turned it off- now water is leaking from the city water inlet ( driver side next to rear) it doesn't seem to have an knob to tightened just a handle that spins, and it wasn't leaking since I filled it 4 hours ago. Any ideas??
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Re: new to plumbing

Post by Planck »

Water pump is 12 volts, so runs off battery. Water coming out of the outside hookup probably means the valve inside that prevents pressurized water from the pump from coming out there is either faulty or dirty. Basically it only lets water in, not out.

To check for all other leaks, I would hook up a hose from house to B190 and slowly turn on pressure. Most leaks I have encountered are at the filter next to the water storage tank, under the sink. My filter is screwed to the floor. The 12 volt pump is under the rear closet. It can be seen and sort of accessed when you open the passenger sider rear door and look in the hole at the bottom. There are also two drain valves in there that need to be closed and another drain valve for the storage tank inside the rear side door down at the bottom.

Good luck
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Where are you? If it's somewhere that freezes in the winter, was the rig winterized?
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
danny
New User
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

Post by danny »

Planck wrote:Water pump is 12 volts, so runs off battery. Water coming out of the outside hookup probably means the valve inside that prevents pressurized water from the pump from coming out there is either faulty or dirty. Basically it only lets water in, not out.

To check for all other leaks, I would hook up a hose from house to B190 and slowly turn on pressure. Most leaks I have encountered are at the filter next to the water storage tank, under the sink. My filter is screwed to the floor. The 12 volt pump is under the rear closet. It can be seen and sort of accessed when you open the passenger sider rear door and look in the hole at the bottom. There are also two drain valves in there that need to be closed and another drain valve for the storage tank inside the rear side door down at the bottom.

Good luck
Thanks for that info, I have a similar problem so will give that a try.