Keep the water inside the pipes, tanks, and sinks
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

Low Water Pressure

Post by Eamonn McG »

Hey guys,

I'm having a problems with the water pressure on the hot and cold faucets in the sink. Its weird because the potable water and hot and cold shower water come out with relatively high pressure but the main sink faucet barely trickles out. I checked all of the plumming and connectors for any leaks and cant see any. I did have to tefflon tape the hot water fitting but since then there's been no leaking whatsoever. Anyone have any experience with this or advice to give? As always its greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Eamonn
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Low Water Pressure

Post by skater »

I've had this problem, too. It has something to do with the cartridges in the faucet. Take off the handles and unbolt the cartridges. Check the o-rings are where they're supposed to be. Put them back in but be sure not to tighten them too much. I never was quite able to come up with exactly the reason that they did this, but I've found by messing with them I could get them to work correctly again. Try to be careful not to swap the cartridges.

Of course you'll want to turn the water off when you do this... :) You'll still get plenty of water around but it's a manageable amount.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Planck »

Also, you could simply unscrew the screen filter at the end of the faucet. Very fine screen and it does not take much to clog it up. Very similar to any house faucet.

Good luck
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper

Post by Eamonn McG »

Thanks for the advice guys. Skater, what do you mean by "cartridges"?
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Eamonn McG wrote:Thanks for the advice guys. Skater, what do you mean by "cartridges"?
The parts of the faucet that rotate to control the flow.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper

Post by Eamonn McG »

Thanks, I'll check them
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper

Post by Eamonn McG »

Hey guys,

So I finally took the time to fix the sink faucets. I unscrewed the screen hoping that would be the issue and it would be a quick fix. It was. There is a little rubber washer and a white plastic cap inside the fitting, and it was the white plastic cap that was clogged. I cant for the life of me think of what this thing would be useful for other than a water saver, but even as one of those it basically works as a dam. There were 6 tiny TINY pinholes that were clogged, but even after I dunked it in CLR and boiling water to unclog the holes it still came out like a slow leak. I ended up removing that piece but kept the black rubber washer which held the screen in place. I figured I don't need a water saver anyway I can just not turn the faucet on all the way like normal people.

Anyway figured I'd give the heads up.