Holding tank Issues

Keep the water inside the pipes, tanks, and sinks
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

Holding tank Issues

Post by Eamonn McG »

Does anyone know how big the black and grey water tanks are? (how many gallons. Basically I made sure the tanks were empty before I went away this past weekend and almost as soon as I got to where I was going the guage read the black tank was almost full. ( the propaine also read full and ran out the first day we were there, but i found the thread in the prpaine section regarding that one and I'll check if theres an external tank guage later when I'm home) Basically over the weekend the black tank guage read full even though i doubt it could have been. but about half way through the weekend i noticed the floor in front of the bathroom door and the fridge became wet from underneath and hasnt dried. At first i was afraid that the holding tanks were so full they were seeping up through the floor but there was no odor at all. Not sure what any of this could be. Any Help? My girlfriend thought maybe the wet on the floor was from the fridge but there was no condensation in there at all....Strange.
URStruly
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Re: Holding tank Issues

Post by URStruly »

Eamonn,
The holding tanks are as follows:
fresh water 22.4 gal
grey 16
Black 16
The propane will hold 7+ gallons. There is a dial gauge on the tank. It is approximate always fill up before departing.
If they are full the grey water will back up into the bathtub and the black will back up in the
commode.
Monitors are to be treated as habitual liars trust them at you own discretion. Black tank sensors
can sometimes be fooled by a dirty tank. To knock loose crud sticking to the tank walls fill the tank
half full and put a bag of ice in the tank and drive down the road. The ice will slosh around and
knock the solids loose.
The moisture in the floor will need to be found. If you water pump comes on for a few seconds when you are not using water you have a water leak somewhere.URStruly