White tank under sink

Keep the water inside the pipes, tanks, and sinks
Rivrrat32
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

White tank under sink

Post by Rivrrat32 »

Hello all
I noticed a broke wire when inspecting my b190 when we were cleaning it up. I have not used the water system, ie sink, shower, toilet since we bought it. Just been enjoying driving to the site and getting stuff working and figured out. I see that this bottom pipe is broken off at the stem when I went to fix the wire. Is there an easy way to fix this collar and if not how the heck do I begin to remove this tank to replace? I don't see any hatches for this cubbard?

If you have seen and fixed something like this please let me know.

Donavon
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: White tank under sink

Post by skater »

That tank is your fresh water tank. I think you're saying that the tank is damaged where the line that runs to the water pump connects. If that's correct, then it would only be a problem when you try to camp without hookups (specifically, water).

I think to remove it you have to disassemble the cabinetry around it.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Electraglide
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991

Post by Electraglide »

If you can, send a picture so we can see exactly what the problem is.
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999

Post by Alaskan »

Well....lets hope its just the small gray right-angle fitting that is the tanks outlet...in the picture below.
That fitting is screwed into the tank...

The wires on the tank are simply hooked to the water level indicators

I don't see how it could be the tank itself unless maybe there had been a freeze situation....

That fitting on the tank appears to either be case into the plastic or plastic-welded onto the tank.

Removing the tank wouldn't be an option, but repairing it in place might not be that tough...there looks to be enough room
to raise it, on the one end, up by removing the drawers above it and the aluminum straps that hold it in place.

I hope he can give us a little more input and perhaps a picture.

Looking at this second picture now up close I'll have to take a closer look to see if the white-plastic piece screws on also...stay tuned.