Adding Propane Capacity

It's a gas
nvestysly
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1998
WBCCI: 16771

Re: Adding Propane Capacity

Post by nvestysly »

why3zx wrote:Has anyone sucessfully installed any of the expansion kits in one of our vans?

This sure seems to be the one that has good reviews for a good price.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014J ... PDKIKX0DER

I really want to ability to be able to keep the van parked at hunting camp for a month and be able to just fill propane cylinders when we run to town.
This doesn't look like the correct kit for a B190 installation. Notice the end of the "T" fitting has the large thread that is commonly used on portable propane cylinders. I think you want the kit that is shown in the You Tube video in the link below.
lido14co wrote:Here's a link showing how to install an extend-a-stay. Looks similar to the Camco 59123. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er_cFg1MRk0

Cliff
In a post above somebody mentioned MB Sturgis. I've purchased propane items from them in the past and they were very helpful. They made several custom items for me and the price seemed reasonable. Here's a link to their product:

http://mbsturgis.com/products/mb/rv-pro ... nects.html
We sold our 1998 B190, V-10
Currently own a 2010 Airstream Interstate
why3zx
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Post by why3zx »

I ordered the kit shown on the youtube vid, good eyes noticing the camco kit was incorrect. I will post results.
Keystone
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Keystone »

Looking forward to that report. Having run out at inopportune moments, I would like to havemore propane capacity, too.
why3zx wrote:I ordered the kit shown on the youtube vid, good eyes noticing the camco kit was incorrect. I will post results.
Keystone
B190 4x4
why3zx
Weekend Camper

Post by why3zx »

Well, my van is currently parked at elk camp, has been there three weeks now with us staying in it 8 nights now. Solar system is keeping the electrical portion of the van in tip top shape, and if I can trust the gauge the propane seems to be holding out just fine as well running the fridge, furnace, and the stove a bit. However I decided to install this kit and throw an additional bottle on just in case. wellll.... it wont fit, not as it currently sits, the guard that is built into our tanks to prevent the valves from getting damaged also prevents the length of the "T" adaptor. I am going to take up a grinder this weekend and make a notch so that the hose can be routed around the other side of the guard and see how that works.
Keystone
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Keystone »

Thanks for the update. Disappointing about the propane kit, but great news about the solar system. Love the new look of your van, btw. I have lots of questions about your van, but will ask them later in appropriate forum topics.

Best of luck in the hunt.
Keystone
B190 4x4
why3zx
Weekend Camper

Post by why3zx »

Feel free to pop any questions on the thread I have in the basic section, as to not de-rail this thread any further.