Furnace removal?

It's a gas
JenniferM
New User

Furnace removal?

Post by JenniferM »

Hi everyone… My inside furnace is not lighting nor is the fan even starting and I am trying to remove it to check the fan. My stove burners and oven work fine. I am a newbie to all of this and need some pointers. I have taken off the cover and taken off the two screws and disconnected the vent. I can’t seem to get the brass hose connection to unscrew (see pic). Is this the only other thing I need to disconnect to be able to pull this out? Any pointers? Just trying to slide the whole thing out. Thanks!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (3.57 MiB) Viewed 7022 times
Oldbagpipe
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1989
WBCCI: 0

Re: Furnace removal?

Post by Oldbagpipe »

Besides the gas line, there will be some electrical. I pulled my furnace when I did the new interior in ours. My advice to you is take multiple photos of anything and everything. Photograph how it is connected to the gas line, floor, even video. Take measurements so it goes right back in the same spot. Once I got mine back together, I took it into the RV shop and had them check for leaks and do the initial re-light.
micabarry
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Post by micabarry »

What year? It sounds like nothing is happening. my 91 has an on/off switch under thermostat and once that is on you have to call for heat by having lever toward high temperature. If that all is done to remove Make sure your gas is turned off and once the gas is disconnected at the heater, and it can be on tight, the male end will need to be pushed through the hole as you slide it out. mine is mounted near the front of the couch and had a tube running back to bathroom that had to come off. The electric should just be the spade type you can pull off. It might take some wiggling and jiggling as you pull forward to slide it off the outside exhaust. Hope yours is close enough to my configuration so that this makes sense.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

When she had it at my place a few weeks ago, we found that the circuit breaker on the furnace kept tripping, so I guessed that the fan motor was burned out or somehow jammed.

Jennifer, yes, you need a wrench of the appropriate size to loosen that. In mine, the wiring was long enough to pull it out some, but now that I think about it, I do think I had to disconnect the gray duct pipe (it just moves air to another place in the camper).
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit