Propane Furnace Replacement Recommendation?

It's a gas
JenniferM
New User

Propane Furnace Replacement Recommendation?

Post by JenniferM »

So after monkeying around with trying to fix my 1989 Hydro Flame furnace I am going to replace it. I understand that Atwood is producing the Atwood Hydro Flame unit. I have found some on-line but would like to get a decent source to order from... any recommendations? I found one for $470 from vintagetrailersupply.com and the Facebook forum recommended PPL Motorhomes in TX. Any other on-line respectable sites anyone recommends?
micabarry
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Re: Propane Furnace Replacement Recommendation?

Post by micabarry »

Jennifer I don't know if you have made your purchase yet but I can recommend both of those companies as I have bought many parts from both rebuilding 2 Airstream trailers and the b190. I know Steve from Vintage Trailer Supply very well, even before he started his business. His prices may be a but higher sometimes but it is a terrific company and will treat you well. But really I don't think you can go wrong with either. Good luck!
BuddyR
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

Post by BuddyR »

Is there a specific brand, model etc...that is an easy replacement??
I have a 95 B190
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

BuddyR wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:45 pm
Is there a specific brand, model etc...that is an easy replacement??
I have a 95 B190
My '91 has a Hydro-Flame FA7912D. Yours is probably a similar model, but double check. This one is an inch taller than mine, so it might fit with some cutting. Also, unless yours is rusted out, essentially every part is replaceable - I recently got mine working after many years of failures with it by replacing the board.

Jennifer's is different again, unfortunately. Jennifer, is there room around it to make the cutout larger? If we didn't have this pandemic going on, I'd tell you to pull yours and bring it over - I now have experience diagnosing furnace issues.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit