Found on Craigslist! Common scams and common sense!

List your B190 and related items here
User avatar
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:35 pm
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Found on Craigslist! Common scams and common sense!

Post by 190-b-651 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:20 am

Unfortunately I cant jump on this right now it would be a great buy or flip?ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:16 pm
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0
Location: Sahuarita Arizona

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by Tucsonan » Fri May 19, 2017 1:32 pm

Careful on that one!
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"

User avatar
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:35 pm
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by 190-b-651 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:49 pm

Yea im suspicious about it to only one photo the worst possible angle. I sent a email no response as of yet its close enough i can drive there in a hour. Talked to the wife she's on board with grabbing it up and seeing if its better than my 93 and selling one we'll see what happens.
Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:16 pm
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0
Location: Sahuarita Arizona

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by Tucsonan » Sat May 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Yeah, $3,000 is extremely low for a '94 in "excellent" condition. ...or, it could be a great deal. There's just not a lot of info on the craigslist post. Be careful and good luck!
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"

User avatar
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:35 pm
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by 190-b-651 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Still no response I really think its a scam told them I had cash would meet them and inspect the vehicle bring the title.

To good to be true.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Sub2RainEN
Weekend Camper
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 5:13 pm
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by Sub2RainEN » Mon May 22, 2017 12:59 am

The single picture and lack of detail is a big tip off to fraud, especially at that price. I did see one last summer for $3300, but it was in MN and had the bathroom removed, plus some rust on the body. If they posted interior pics, someone would recognize them.

There is a legit-looking listing for $7500 in Alabama:
https://mobile.craigslist.org/rvs/6131652041.html

There was another in Maryland last week, same price, with wood floors, but seems to have sold. There were a few in Florida a few weeks ago for $7-9000 that looked legit. I expect have enough money in October, so fingers crossed, I will be able to buy when prices go down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud 1990 B190 newbie owner

User avatar
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:16 pm
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0
Location: Sahuarita Arizona

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by Tucsonan » Mon May 22, 2017 4:37 pm

190-b-651 wrote:Still no response I really think its a scam told them I had cash would meet them and inspect the vehicle bring the title.

To good to be true.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
Yeah, looks like it!
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"

User avatar
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:16 pm
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0
Location: Sahuarita Arizona

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by Tucsonan » Mon May 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Sub2RainEN wrote:The single picture and lack of detail is a big tip off to fraud, especially at that price. I did see one last summer for $3300, but it was in MN and had the bathroom removed, plus some rust on the body. If they posted interior pics, someone would recognize them.

There is a legit-looking listing for $7500 in Alabama:
https://mobile.craigslist.org/rvs/6131652041.html

There was another in Maryland last week, same price, with wood floors, but seems to have sold. There were a few in Florida a few weeks ago for $7-9000 that looked legit. I expect have enough money in October, so fingers crossed, I will be able to buy when prices go down.

...even that '95 looks too good for $7500. I would ask plenty of questions before taking the time to go see it.
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"

User avatar
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:35 pm
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by 190-b-651 » Mon May 22, 2017 4:58 pm

That's a good buy if its mechanically sound.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

User avatar
DSCLUCHFC
New User
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 6:10 pm
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0
Location: Near Lubbock TX
Contact:

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by DSCLUCHFC » Mon May 22, 2017 6:24 pm

The referenced Craigslist is as scammy as they get.

I replied to it when I saw it posted in Pueblo's Craigslist.
Someone named Anna replied to me with additional photos and told me it was located in Duck Creek Village Utah, and that she wanted to sell it quickly as her mom had massive medical bills.
She also wanted eBay to act as escrow agent for the money if I would just deposit it, they would hold it until the van was shipped to Texas, all she needed was my address and confirmation and login details for the eBay escrow to confirm it being deposited and she would have it shipped, but she needed my info so that she could have the transport charge me for the shipping.
HAHA.

I told her cash wasn't a problem that I was going to come to Utah and get it, IN PERSON.
Since that moment, no replies, no communications despite repeated attempt by me to get her to reply again or call me.

Yet, that van is posted nationwide from Maryland to Michigan to Washington etc....and I proceeded to flag it on Craigslist as prohibited every time I found it.

User avatar
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:35 pm
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by 190-b-651 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:56 pm

Thanks for the info. to good to be true

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Sub2RainEN
Weekend Camper
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 5:13 pm
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by Sub2RainEN » Tue May 23, 2017 2:57 am

Tucsonan wrote:
...even that '95 looks too good for $7500. I would ask plenty of questions before taking the time to go see it.
I've seen quite a few in that range that seemed legit (many photos and details, not listed repeatedly, etc.). But I didn't respond, so who knows? Most never reappeared, like the scam ones do. The only thing I noticed was a few didn't have ovens or had minor flaws, like scratches, small dents, no curtains, and the like.

Believe me, I'll be all over this forum when I have the funds together to buy, so I can snatch one up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud 1990 B190 newbie owner

User avatar
Sub2RainEN
Weekend Camper
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 5:13 pm
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by Sub2RainEN » Tue May 23, 2017 2:58 am

DSCLUCHFC wrote:The referenced Craigslist is as scammy as they get.

I replied to it when I saw it posted in Pueblo's Craigslist.
Someone named Anna replied to me with additional photos and told me it was located in Duck Creek Village Utah, and that she wanted to sell it quickly as her mom had massive medical bills.
She also wanted eBay to act as escrow agent for the money if I would just deposit it, they would hold it until the van was shipped to Texas, all she needed was my address and confirmation and login details for the eBay escrow to confirm it being deposited and she would have it shipped, but she needed my info so that she could have the transport charge me for the shipping.
HAHA.

I told her cash wasn't a problem that I was going to come to Utah and get it, IN PERSON.
Since that moment, no replies, no communications despite repeated attempt by me to get her to reply again or call me.

Yet, that van is posted nationwide from Maryland to Michigan to Washington etc....and I proceeded to flag it on Craigslist as prohibited every time I found it.
Had the same experience with an RV, can't remember if it was a B190 or a Lazy Daze, but I think a B190. Emails stopped when I pressed for details and wanted to see it in person.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud 1990 B190 newbie owner

User avatar
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:35 pm
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by 190-b-651 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:45 am

I remember looking for 7 or 8 months before finding mine just about daily seeing pictures that seemed to be exactly alike on different posts. After perching the b190 I would still check quite often finding pictures of my interior on another posting on Craigslist was a little shocking. Even though they are all alike over the years and several other owners certain flaws are easily picked out on a picture.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:16 pm
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0
Location: Sahuarita Arizona

Re: Found on Craigslist!

Post by Tucsonan » Tue May 23, 2017 1:10 pm

DSCLUCHFC wrote:The referenced Craigslist is as scammy as they get.

I replied to it when I saw it posted in Pueblo's Craigslist.
Someone named Anna replied to me with additional photos and told me it was located in Duck Creek Village Utah, and that she wanted to sell it quickly as her mom had massive medical bills.
She also wanted eBay to act as escrow agent for the money if I would just deposit it, they would hold it until the van was shipped to Texas, all she needed was my address and confirmation and login details for the eBay escrow to confirm it being deposited and she would have it shipped, but she needed my info so that she could have the transport charge me for the shipping.
HAHA.

I told her cash wasn't a problem that I was going to come to Utah and get it, IN PERSON.
Since that moment, no replies, no communications despite repeated attempt by me to get her to reply again or call me.

Yet, that van is posted nationwide from Maryland to Michigan to Washington etc....and I proceeded to flag it on Craigslist as prohibited every time I found it.
Good job, your due diligence is a lesson for us all. Unfortunately, scammers are everywhere!
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"

Post Reply