for sale in Phoenix

List your B190 and related items here
okaynagan
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

for sale in Phoenix

Post by okaynagan »

We Looked at this one today but decided we can't give it the TLC it needs. We desire one we'd want keep the next 10-20 years but this one is not it.
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/rvs/ ... 65033.html
Sub2RainEN
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

for sale in Phoenix

Post by Sub2RainEN »

What kind of TLC did it need? It's not far from me, I like that the floors have been done (although it doesn't seem to have an oven, which is what brought me to B190s).

But, at that price, I don't want to put much into it, besides solar.

okaynagan wrote:We Looked at this one today but decided we can't give it the TLC it needs. We desire one we'd want keep the next 10-20 years but this one is not it.
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/rvs/ ... 65033.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Sub2RainEN on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud 1990 B190 newbie owner
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: for sale in Phoenix

Post by skater »

"Shower drains on to the ground"? Interesting. Makes me wonder what the plumbing set up is.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
okaynagan
Weekend Camper

Post by okaynagan »

the pix do look great don't they, it is a non-smoking, and clean coach, it has the 460 Engine we've been looking for although not wild about the high mileage 115 K, nice tow package, it does have the solid oak cabinets (unlike our Okanagan) it has a generator and air-conditioner too. That's the reasons for driving 30 miles to look at it.

So with high hopes, little solar, a few LEDs we could hit the road putting another 50,000 K on it, eh!

But... The flooring that looks so fantastic in photo needs mitering. The wallpaper is buckling, the limo tinting is blistering, the shower walls are loose and nothing was gained by converting to a shower pan that dumps on the earth. The drapes and rods are missing. What "window dressings" there are will have to be uninstalled and discarded. Missing ladder and table plus the sofa does not have the flip down table. Frig is two-way not three.The cabinet doors are hard to closed. The front door panel is around somewhere along with the house battery, just not in its place.

The exterior top coating is peeling and paint sun faded, that will have to be worked. The window casings have shrunk and one side window is cracked. The testimony of soot buildup on the hot water tank vent and old duct tape on the refrigerator grate says that this van was always a workhorse and never loved. The fiberglass top is concave where it should be convex though the owner says he hasn't noticed any leaks even through the summer's monsoons.

Do ask about the catalytic converter. Our recently deceased mechanic would have known what to do with it. But now we are on our own and doubtful. We learned from other 30-year-old vehicles of ours the emissions can be vexing when it comes to licensing.

We know from our sister's 92 b-190 that the air conditioner and a generator should not be that loud.

We got the impression the owner is straightforward and reasonable. However, we stopped kicking tires and testing the water once we realized this is not our Okay Van.
Last edited by okaynagan on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Choptop »

okaynagan wrote:the pix do look great don't they, it is a non-smoking, and clean coach, it has the 460 Engine we've been looking for although not wild about the high mileage 115 K, nice tow package, it does have the solid oak cabinets (unlike our Okanagan) it has a generator and air-conditioner too. That's the reasons for driving 30 miles to look at it.

So with high hopes, little solar, a few LEDs we could hit the road putting another 50,000 K on it, eh!

But... The flooring that looks so fantastic in photo needs mitering. The wallpaper is buckling, the limo tinting is blistering, the shower walls are loose and nothing was gained by converting to a shower pan that dumps on the earth. The drapes and rods are missing. What "window dressings" there are will have to be uninstalled and discarded. The cabinet doors are hard to closed. The front door panel is around somewhere along with the house battery, just not in its place.

The exterior top coating is peeling and paint sun faded, that will have to be worked. The window casings have shrunk and one side window is cracked. The testimony of soot buildup on the hot water tank vent and old duct tape on the refrigerator grate says that this van was always a workhorse and never loved. The fiberglass top is concave where it should be convex though the owner says he hasn't noticed any leaks even through the summer's monsoons.

Do ask about the catalytic converter. Our recently deceased mechanic would have known what to do with it. But now we are on our own and doubtful. We learned from other 30-year-old vehicles of ours the emissions can be vexing when it comes to licensing.

We know from our sister's 92 b-190 that the air conditioner and a generator should not be that loud.

We got the impression the owner is straightforward and reasonable. However, we stopped kicking tires and testing the water once we realized this is not our Okay Van.
That's really to bad, was once such a fine machine, I always leave my vehicles nicer and better than I bought them.
okaynagan
Weekend Camper

Post by okaynagan »

Yes, it was sad to see. Makes us really appreciate our Okanagan's passed owners.
Sub2RainEN
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Sub2RainEN »

Sad. So much for a picture being worth 1,000 words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud 1990 B190 newbie owner
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Choptop »

[quote="okaynagan"]Yes, it was sad to see. Makes us really appreciate our Okanagan's passed owners.[/quote

So sorry to hear, didn't know they were ill! :rofl: