3Patels
Seasoned Traveler

93 California

Post by 3Patels »

Rugster
Weekend Camper

Re: 93 California

Post by Rugster »

Yesterday, I took possession of this fantastic little camper (the ad has now been deleted). I wish I could post some photos of it, but the computer I use for photo editing is on the fritz. It's in really good original condition for a 26 year-old vehicle. There have been few mods or upgrades, but the original equipment is in good shape. It doesn't look as if the stove and burners have ever been used. I do know that the 2 previous owners didn't put a whole lot of miles on it. Mileage is around 57,500.

Today, I'll be ordering LED's from M4 Products to replace all the incandescent and fluorescent lights in the coach. The rocker switch on the monitor panel - the one you press to check the tank levels and battery condition, is intermittent, so I'll be looking at that today. Then I have to investigate the slow water flow in the shower - a flush with vinegar might be in order.

I'm an RV newbie, so this is at times a bit overwhelming, as well as exciting, with brief bouts of "What have I gone and done?" :lol:

I think it's going to be equal parts fun and challenging. Not sure if I'll be able to full-time with all 3 of my cats though. I might have to wait until the eldest one (a shy and anxious gal) transitions to the great cat bed in the sky.

Hope you guys don't mind, but I might be asking a few questions in here. When my photo editing computer gets replaced, I'll post some photos. It could be a while though - this little camper is currently getting the full attention of my wallet :)
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: 93 California

Post by skater »

Congratulations!
Rugster wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:22 am
Hope you guys don't mind, but I might be asking a few questions in here.
That's the whole point of the site. :) (But I wouldn't ask here - ask in the appropriate sub forum.)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit