Selling my B-190 to a good home!

List your B190 and related items here
DSTNCD
New User

Selling my B-190 to a good home!

Post by DSTNCD »

1996 Airstream B-190

This van is awesome, low miles, everything works - ready for a 10,000 mile road trip!

In May and June, we lived out of this van for 6 weeks and drove coast to coast and everywhere in between. This really is the best size for two people to live in, plenty of room to cook and hang out. Full bathroom with a separate shower. All of the appliances work great and so does the plumbing, absolutely no leaks or water damage.

Fridge with freezer compartment (propane or AC power)
Microwave
Stove (propane)
Oven (propane) fits 9x13 pan
Double sink
Water heater - 6gal (propane) heats up in 10 min and has enough for two (short) showers
Air conditioner (AC power)
On board generator - 2800 watts, very low hours, runs from gasoline tank
Shower
Toilet
22 gallons fresh water tank
20 gallons grey tank
20 gallons black tank
35 gallon fuel tank
10 gallon propane tank
Queen bed over the cab - slide out
Couch with two seatbelts - folds into twin bed
Ample storage areas, we don’t even fill all of them when we are living out of it
Both front chairs swivel around to give you extra room and seating
Wood floors instead of the old carpet
Passed inspections in February 2020
New transmission as of March 2020 (new, not rebuilt. Under warranty until March 2021)
Tune up in March 2020 (belts, filters, hoses, etc.)
New brake pads and calipers in March 2020
Generator serviced in March 2020
Oil and filter change, lube chassis at XX,XXX miles.
Brand new tires (full set and full size spare)June, 2020 - these are the best tires money can buy and come with a fully transferable 5year/60,000 mile warranty from Costco
Ford E350 chassis with a 460 7.5L V-8 - plenty of power to drive freeway speeds - the toughest time we had was going through the Teton pass at 8,500 ft and >10% grade - we still cruised up it at 50mph, very few other hills phased us.
Hitch receiver rated to 10,000 lbs towing weight with electronic trailer brake controller in the cab

The bad:
Driver side front ball joints are a little squeaky, that is a precursor to them failing so to be safe, I am going to get them replaced this week.
The original seat cushions are a little worse for wear, the leather is great but just the center cloth portion is worn. We have installed some really nice washable seat covers.
The fan above the stove does not work, the button feels stuck.
The drivers side running board grip strip is missing as of the last couple days, I will get that replaced before it sells.
This van does have a rebuilt title. I don’t know the full story, but I know the damage occurred at the side door, it has a different VIN than the rest of the car. My mechanic looked over the entire chassis when I bought it and said there were no issues. We have put on thousands of miles and haven’t had any problems.
Since this is a Ford van, there are lots of parts available and plenty of shops that are familiar, no need to go to a specialty RV shop. There are also lots of options for adding a lift/4x4 kit to make this the ultimate 4x4 camper.

This van is fully self contained, we can dry camp for 3-4 days without using up fresh tank, or filling the grey/black tanks. You could even last longer with more conservative water use. It also connects up nicely in a full hook ups RV spot. You can go anywhere a car can go, pass right on by the “No RV/Trailer” signs. Camps easily in a campground, KOA, BLM land, Walmart parking lot, and truck stop - wherever you want to go.

B190.com has a ton of useful information and helpful forums. This is a 25 year old camper van and sometimes that is noticeable, but that doesn’t detract from its capability, usefulness and convenience.

Why we are selling it- we have had our fun with it and are sad to part with it, but we have no where to store it anymore.
We are finishing up a big trip and driving back to Virginia. If there are any interested buyers, we would be willing to drop it off at any I-80 exit and finish the drive in a rental car, I know how rare these are, so I want to open it up to anyone who is looking.
If you are interested, please contact me with any questions (I will respond and update the ad with answers for all). I will take a virtual tour video and send that to anyone who is interested and serious about making an offer. Because we are still on the road, it may be difficult to show in person but if you want to see it we might be able to alter our route for serious inquires. Happy to do a video call as well.

If the ad is up, it is available. The price is $23k, I am pretty firm on this, I have seen others go for much more. I am in no hurry to sell it, willing to wait for someone who will pay asking price.

Link to facebook marketplace:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/256296685637757/
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Selling my B-190 to a good home!

Post by skater »

Please add the VIN to this post. Thanks.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
goreeni
New User

Post by goreeni »

What’s the mileage? And where is it now?
DSTNCD
New User

Post by DSTNCD »

Mileage is 44k, located in northern VA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
goreeni
New User

Post by goreeni »

How can I see photos?
skater