Wanted: ‘97+ B190

Looking to buy a B190 or related item? Post here!
PeteFairhurst
New User

Wanted: ‘97+ B190

Post by PeteFairhurst »

Bit of a long shot, but I thought I would see if anyone is toying with the idea of selling their B190. I'm looking for a mid-90's or later model that is in good mechanical condition with an interior that is clean and in working condition (non-smoking). I can pick-up anywhere in the US.

I recently discovered these camper vans and I’d love to pick one up. Any info or leads are appreciated. Thank you.
porkchop
B190 Year: 94
WBCCI: 0

Re: Wanted: ‘97+ B190

Post by porkchop »

we have a 1994 in better then new condition in olympia wash. its 16, 000 firm price 503 312 3618 bbgordon3@gmail.com robert gordon
PeteFairhurst
New User

Post by PeteFairhurst »

Thank you for the reply! Do you happen to have a link with pics and more details like mileage? I’m in Oregon.
vanbytheriver
B190 Year: 97
WBCCI: 0

Post by vanbytheriver »

I have 1997 that I am thinking of selling. I will be posting it in for sale shortly. It is located in Georgia north of Atlanta. If interested please let me know.
EricaS
B190 Year: 1997

Post by EricaS »

Has anyone ever heard of a seller telling you they will not let you drive off with their van (after paying for it) if you don’t show proof of insurance? I have insurance I’ve just never heard of such a demand 12 hours before my flight leaves to go possibly buy it. The whole deal has been strange.
PeteFairhurst
New User

Post by PeteFairhurst »

Once you have a bill of sale the legal responsibility for insurance falls on the new owner. Most state dmv offices have a form online that the seller can fill out to put on record they no longer own the vehicle. The new owners existing insurance has a clause that covers new vehicle purchases for a certain period of time until you officially add the vehicle o to the policy. People can be odd especially about cars because they lack understanding of private sales. I’d just take your insurance card if they really have to see you have a policy, but they have no liability to the vehicle once the sale is completed and the title is transferred. They aren’t law enforcement. Private party vehicle purchases can be a bit of an ordeal, but hopefully everything will go smoothly. You might try going to the particular state dmv website and print off the requirements.
Blair
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Blair »

EricaS wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:07 am
Has anyone ever heard of a seller telling you they will not let you drive off with their van (after paying for it) if you don’t show proof of insurance? I have insurance I’ve just never heard of such a demand 12 hours before my flight leaves to go possibly buy it. The whole deal has been strange.
Were you able to buy that van?
EricaS
B190 Year: 1997

Post by EricaS »

Yes I got it and then sold it to purchase a 97 instead.