LP Gas access door

Looking to buy a B190 or related item? Post here!
Wayne

LP Gas access door

Post by Wayne »

Needed - LP gas access door for my 97 B190. On my last trip the door disappeared. All that's left is the hinge.
If anyone knows of a source for this please let me know.
twistedskipper
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Re: LP Gas access door

Post by twistedskipper »

My 1999 doesn't have an access door for the LP gas. The LPG tank and its controls are below the double side doors.

If you are speaking of the water heater access door which is just behind the rear tire on the passenger side, then that is a standard Atwood 6-gallon water heater door, and can easily be found, starting with http://www.atwoodmobile.com. Atwood part number 91514 has numerous hits on google for around $25.

Ours had blown off before we bought the RV and was replaced. It seems to me that the latch is a bit on the iffy side, and I've been thinking that maybe a padlock or carabiner or something similar might keep it from happening again.
--
Tim
1999 B190
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

The LP gas access door is part of the ground effect on my 97. It has a hinge and opens to give access to the service valve and fill valve on the LP tank. It has a latch to lock it down when it is shut. It has nothing to do with the water heater access.
twistedskipper
Weekend Camper

Post by twistedskipper »

Sounds like the 1997 has a different LPG setup than the 1999. Ours is beneath the double side door and has no access panel. Sorry, I don't have any ideas on a replacement.
--
Tim
1999 B190
twistedskipper
Weekend Camper

Post by twistedskipper »

I took another a look at my 1999 and indeed the add-on body molding does have an access door above the LPG tank beneath the double side doors. At some prior time, after an accident of some kind, this panel had been cracked, crudely repaired, and screwed into place, so I didn't recognize it as an access door until I took another look as a result of this thread.

Maybe someone with a good panel could find a local fiberglass guy to make a copy (or two or three - how many of us need one?).

Although Airstream hasn't been able to provide information on these models in some other circumstances, maybe somebody there would at least know who manufactured and provided the add-on body trim.
--
Tim
1999 B190