Starting my search!

Looking to buy a B190 or related item? Post here!
micabarry
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Re: Starting my search!

Post by micabarry »

Good luck, Vermonter. I'm travelling till April but reside in Burlington with a 91 so not sure where you are but would be glad to share ideas. I went to Phoenix with a one-way plane ticket and brought mine back. Lots done over the last 3 years but I found help on most projects through this site. I've had 2 Airstreams, 65 Caravelle and 61 Tradewind but just love this B van.
Oldbagpipe
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1989

Post by Oldbagpipe »

Yes, Good Luck!
We located ours and it took more than five years to convince the owners to sell. It sat in the same barn since 2007 and we pulled it out just last year. However, since sitting idle is not the best thing, we had to totally rebuild the brakes, hot water, AC, toilet, and other items. Seems rodents had found their way through the power plug hole, so we did the flooring and interior too (which was the selling point for my wife). Tires looked good, with lots of tread, but on the way home the RR unraveled and took out part of the running board and RR Quarter panel. Finished driving home on the steel belt. Wheels were beyond repair. In a nutshell, our repairs and modifications were quite spendy, but we'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Attachments
IMG_2913.JPG
IMG_2913.JPG (42.75 KiB) Viewed 10516 times
okaynagan
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995

Post by okaynagan »

Lucy, this may too late now that you have committed to another but this one just listed looks interesting for $4000.
https://mohave.craigslist.org/rvs/d/198 ... 95243.html
Could one of you all (ya'lls) more computer savvy then me post the pix of this listing? as these go fast, one cannot tell what we were discussing.
okaynagan
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995

Post by okaynagan »

It is not as hard as one might think, just time consuming. print screen--->crop----->save file---> upload---> place inline and
listing from cl
listing from cl
Image2.jpg (157.25 KiB) Viewed 10496 times
there have got to be a better way.
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Post by Choptop »

Not bad looking for the money.
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 0

Post by 190-b-651 »

The interiors definitely different with the airstream emblems im betting it is ether one of the very first lower than 00036 or a clone.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
DavidB

Got a nice one for sale

Post by DavidB »

Hi Lucy,
Just to let you know that I have just listed one for sale on the Forum. Take a look when you get time. let me know if you have
any questions. Good luck in your search.
Dave and Cindy Beach
coloradohi1@gmail.com
GJCamper
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 5019

Post by GJCamper »

Welcome Lucy!

Be careful as there are plenty of mechanics and rv repair guys who will see you coming a mile away. First thing take it to a reputable mechanic and have them check it to be sure you won't have trouble on the road. Like Chris said, you probably need a mechanic for the van and a repair place for the camper. Check the date on the tires. If they are over 5 (some say 7) years old then replace them. Even if they still look new. Make sure you shop around for services as I had a quote for $4,000 and a quote for $700 for the exact same work.

Welcome to the B190 group. We are all somewhat obsessed with our beloved camper vans. Some more than others.... :D
Be sure to sign on to the Facebook page Airstream B190 Nation.

Judith
WBCCI 5019
1996 Airstream B190 purchased August 2017
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Lucy,
Just a thought. Where ever you buy, you can find a mechanic in the yellow pages of the area the Van is. Call him and set up a meeting with the
owner. Have the owner drop the Van off for a good unbiased opinion. It may coast a few bucks, but probably worth it in the long run. If the
owner balks, then you probably don't want that vehicle. Then if something shows up wrong, you can get an estimate for what it takes to
make it right.
Dave