Ineed a Hubcap.

Looking to buy a B190 or related item? Post here!
mustangman
Weekend Camper

Ineed a Hubcap.

Post by mustangman »

I need one hubcap for a 1990 B190. I would buy a new one if I could locate a place to sell Me one. :?:
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

Look on eBay...

An original Ford hubcap for those years might be a little difficult to locate but there are reproductions, cheap knock-offs

You'd be looking for a hubcap for either a Ford van or Ford pickup, either an F250, F350, E250 or E350....years 1988 thru 1993 were the same for the 16" rim

Scanning eBay watch for the word OEM when looking at hubcaps, that would indicate its an original Ford item

BTW....in OEM the fronts are slightly different from the rears due to the hub on the rear slicking out so far, making the hubcap different....so a front cap won't fit at the rear.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

I have three of the originals from my '91. If they're the same design, I can sell you one. (I put the eBay knock-offs on a couple years ago - they look and work fine for me.) If you look in my pictures in the gallery, you can see the original hubcaps to see if they match yours.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
mustangman
Weekend Camper

I need a hubcap .

Post by mustangman »

Thanks for the information on the rear cap being different than the front. It was broken at the tire shop when the new tires were installed.. I need a rear cap. The Kid at the Tire shop put an impact wrench on the nuts on the cap. It was His 3rd and last day at the shop. The Shop owner is a long time friend of Mine. He hired Hi-school students under the Jobs Education program. God only knows how much it cost Him over the Years. He lost everything in Hurricane Katrina.
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

MM....here is the deal with those OEM hubcaps. They go on and off pretty hard and that can easily result in the little plastic spring-tabs being broken....ESPECIALLY at the tire shop..!

I put a little grease on the wheel rims where those tabs contact the rim...and the hubcaps install much easier

Those OEM hubcap are damn spendy, as are the OEM Ford hubcaps through 1996, and becoming very difficult to locate in decent condition...I've repaired several of those broken tabs with JB Weld.

1997 and newer Ford cheapened the hubcaps by removing the stainless ring at the perimeter and removing the stainless center cap....they are just all gray plastic after 1996