Rear View Camera

Looking to buy a B190 or related item? Post here!
liferiders
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

Rear View Camera

Post by liferiders »

I would like to buy and install a rear view camera on my 1990 B190. Does any one have any recommendations to make? Please share if you have one installed and the pros the cons and if you recommend the product or not. Also, does yours work in the night, or during dim light etc? I would like to eliminate any need for any wiring for this installation as much as possible. Thank you and you have a great day.
"A Good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving"
“Don’t measure a man’s wealth by the size of his bank account, but instead look at the distance he travelled”
funtwodrv
Weekend Camper

Re: Rear View Camera

Post by funtwodrv »

I have read some discussions on this subject over on the RVNET site. Do a search under the B or Truck Camper sections.

Gary
Buckeye
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 6009

Re: Rear View Camera

Post by Buckeye »

I had a wireless rear-view camera installed at P&S Airstream in Helena, OH back in 2009 for $50. I think I bought it at Walmart for $79. The adjustable camera eye is located just above my rear license plate and the electrical work/hookups that he needed to do was accessed through unscrewing the lower panel on the rear curbside door. The viewer can be mounted on the front dashboard and must be plugged into the DC plug to work and only comes on when the Bvan is in reverse. I have not used it at night, to my recollection. It is useful for backing up my driveway and not hitting the garage door as well as missing electric posts. I wish I had one on the road side where I could see to line up my sewer hose outlet with the sewer hole! That would get more useage!