Shower Area.....

Make it comfortable inside
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Shower Area.....

Post by Alaskan »

We have a recent new member that had originally contacted me through the old site....Gary (MRB) his rig is a 1992 B190.

He sent me these pictures today.....the entire shower had been removed

Someone did a pretty nice job of removing the shower and replacing it with carpet. Why would someone do that... !

Last edited by Alaskan on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Did he take out the shower? Or is it still usable that way?
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Alaskan
Site Admin

Post by Alaskan »

nope.....it was missing when he purchased the rig

He's wanting to put it all back to stock.

If you remember we have Steve that had an accident with his rig some time ago and it was totaled and he went out and purchased another rig to replace it...

Steve kept the totaled rig so we're working on getting all the pieces out of that crashed rig for Gary...

The pieces we'd need would be the tub itself, the support wall next to the toilet, the support wall at the rear and maybe the plumbing pieces under the tub...
Last edited by Alaskan on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eagle
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1990

Post by Eagle »

I have been thinking of taking the shower out to provide more storage. What are the pros and cons of doing this?
Alaskan
Site Admin

Post by Alaskan »

Concern about re-sale value..?

Looks like somebody did a nice job removing the shower from Gary's rig and then installing carpeting...

If you do decide to remove your shower, with no intention to re-install it at some point , please do the removal in such a way that someone will be able to use the pieces.
Alaskan
Site Admin

Post by Alaskan »

UPDATE....

Today I got a call from Steve (webscrambler) and he was removing all the shower parts and tub from his old crashed B190, now in a scrap yard a hour from his home in Florida

All these pieces and parts are headed out to Oakhurst, California to member MRB in hopes of putting his rig back to stock.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To get a better idea of what Gary's rig was actually missing I had him remove the carpeted plywood pieces and take these pictures...

The pieces we'd need would be the tub itself, the support wall next to the toilet, the support wall at the rear and maybe the plumbing pieces under the tub...

Here is what Gary discovered when he began the process of putting all the shower back to its original condition.

The plumbing and water lines were still under that sub-floor section that had been added.

Last edited by Alaskan on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alaskan
Site Admin

Post by Alaskan »

Gary is about ready to put his shower area back into his rig....therefore a few pictures to assist him in doing that...

On the right, in the opening you'll see a black section of plumbing...thats the vent. It has a one-way valve in the top the prevent odors and its height is 12"..

Gary, looking at your pictures...I think you're going to find where that vent was cut off under your carpet as you begin to remove all that...

The large white fitting you see here is a disconnect that I had to install as I had that plumbing apart....

Last edited by Alaskan on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alaskan
Site Admin

Post by Alaskan »

Gary....in this picture you sent I can't quite see what of the original plastic plumbing pipe is still in there....

None of those wood pieces are original so they will all need to come out, the pieces to replace them will be in the stuff that Steve is sending

Last edited by Alaskan on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alaskan
Site Admin

Post by Alaskan »

I suspect that if you look on the other side of this front wall in this first picture below you're going to at least find the hot-cold water lines that have been disconnected from the faucet assembly...probably capped or plugged somehow

That faucet assembly is pretty standard RV along with the braided hose and shower head....the one shown above are recent replacements from either Lowes or Home Depot, don't remember which.

Alaskan
Site Admin

Post by Alaskan »

Gary completed the project of re-installing his shower with the parts sent out from Florida by Steve Holm...

Thanks-a-lot Steve aka webscrambler....your camping spot on my beach in Alaska will be waiting for you anytime you wanna head your B190 north... :lol:

This project was accomplished because of this website...and 3 people that have never met, just via the net.

Pictures to follow...!