What size bedding to use

Make it comfortable inside
General Mopars
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

What size bedding to use

Post by General Mopars »

Hi, I have a newly-acquired 1993 B190. I'd like to buy a set of sheets and comforter for the overhead bunk as well as the fold-out couch. What size sheets (fitted or otherwise) are people using?
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Re: What size bedding to use

Post by Planck »

I just use a light sleeping bag in warm weather and a heavy one in cold weather. Rolls up and stores quickly. The upper bed mattress is in 2 pieces and the rear piece has to be lifted up on top of the front piece to slide the rear of the bed out of the way. Fitted sheets would work, but make this a more cumbersome operation.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

We used queen size sheets in our '91. They don't fit perfectly - the mattress is actually wider than a true queen, but shorter. As Planck said it's a hassle to put them on - you're laying on it while making it...I did it plenty of times.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
weekender
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

Post by weekender »

I have used a king sized fitted sheet, queen sized flat and queen sized comforter. It is somewhat of an ordeal to make the bed, but once made, even with the 2 piece mattress, the fitted sheet stays put. Sleeping bags are great, but I much prefer nice sheets and blankets-- part of the reason I have grown out of tent camping-- and long ago gave up backpack camping!
Keystone
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Keystone »

The jackknife couch takes twin fitted mattress pad and fitted sheet. We normally remove these each morning, but have occasionally folded the mattress back into couch mode with sheets on. The hinge, however, can tear the sheets if you're not careful.

In winter, a partially inflated, full length thermarest pad,folded in half lengthwise and stuffed between deployed couch mattress and van sidewall makes for a warmer, slightly wider, winter bed. In this configuration, the twin sheets will still fit over, but the mattress cannot be jackknifed back to couch with the pad attached.

More than you wanted to know, I suspect.
Keystone
B190 4x4