Cheap Captain Seat Covers - Where to Buy?

Make it comfortable inside
Marko Polo
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Cheap Captain Seat Covers - Where to Buy?

Post by Marko Polo »

Tsup -

Just returned from 3.5 months in the B-190 (Kurt VaughnRV). Awesome time. Broke some stuff, fixed some stuff, broke more stuff, drank stuff, climbed stuff, skied stuff.

The dog's claws, which are always wonderfully manicured, did a number on the fabric portion of the front seats (Flexsteel). Replacements and covers have been running $300+. I really don't care what they look like, just want to cover the fabric as the foam underneath is peaking through. Any leads/anyone found a deal on seat covers? would just do the body, leave the arms out. I had an old Jeep and could get covers at Wal-mart for $15, so there's gotta be something out there. May just go that route and cut holes for the arms. If not someone should tap that market and give me 2% of the $billions you will make.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Cheap Captain Seat Covers - Where to Buy?

Post by skater »

Some camping supply places carry covers for Captains chairs. I used to have a catalog with some in it, but I think I recycled the catalog a while ago. It's likely it's an order-only item. I want to say they were $35/each or something like that. I never got around to buying them.

Check Amazon and Camping World. In the past, CW didn't have their full catalog on the internet; I don't know if that's changed now or not. If they don't have it, try places like pplmotorhomes.com or odmrv.com.

For what it's worth, the claws probably went through the fabric due to the age of the fabric and sitting in sunlight, rather than the fact that it was his claws. I know mine were disintegrating, too.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit