Shower/Tub rehab of Keystone's '94 van

Make it comfortable inside
baggydew
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Re: Shower/Tub rehab of Keystone's '94 van

Post by baggydew »

I'm just finishing up the same project with my '94. I removed the tub to coat. My tub sits in a wooden pre built surround so that once i reinstall it I have no way to see if the the bottom of the tub sits firmly on on the bottom of the box which has a hole in it for the drain. My tub is not cracked anywhere so maybe it is solid enough but when i use it, i detect a slight depression when weighted on the bottom. There is a vertical board forming the drop off between the seat and the bottom. I'm thinking of removing that, using a jig saw to cut a slot along the bottom and reinstalling it. I ought to be able to see if the bottom of the tub rests securely on the floor. The directions for the coating say that it is not flexible and i want the tub solid to prevent cracking on the finish.

Now my question.... The sewer drain under the tub goes down through a trap, then heads toward the rear of the camper nearly reaching the back door where it forms a "U" turn. It then runs back nearly to the trap and heads south into the grey water tank. I would like to shorten the pipe and gain space for the electrical cable. Too often it gets hung up on the sewer hose when i pull it out. Is there a reason this solid sewer hose can't be shortened?