Flexsteel "Lifetime Warranty" Is A Joke

Make it comfortable inside
Marko Polo
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Flexsteel "Lifetime Warranty" Is A Joke

Post by Marko Polo »

Heyo! A little PSA regarding the captain chairs.

As must of you know, Flexsteel provided the captain chairs in most of our vans. As most of you know, the mechanism to recline or swivel usually breaks on these. I decided to follow up with Flexsteel ONLY asking for a parts diagram so I could order parts. They lady directed me to the receipt which is tucked in the springs under the driver seat to find the model #. On the receipt it clearly states "LIFETIME WARRANTY".

To be clear: This warranty covers ONLY the steel frame of the chairs - no mechanisms, cables, springs, etc. :roll: You've got to be kidding me - if the 2-inch steel frame breaks I would certainly hope it's covered under warranty! Nor would they provide a parts diagram as "the parts are no longer made so it's not necessary".

It's pretty straightforward to dig into, just thought I'd point out the "Lifetime Warranty" on Flexsteel products doesn't mean anything. For the record, if you need to replace parts on the seats this guy has been really helpful and reasonable: http://www.coachsupplydirect.com/rv-pro ... ing-parts/.
mtnmanb
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991

Re: Flexsteel "Lifetime Warranty" Is A Joke

Post by mtnmanb »

Thanks for the link, my mechanism lever recently cracked and I thought I was up the creek. Any idea which model number? I have a 1990 with original seats. Would love to order one and try to do this myself.

Edit:
I'm guessing they are all the same after looking at the site. I may try this one for the recline:
http://www.coachsupplydirect.com/rv-pro ... ner-cable/

Thanks!
B
'90 bought 27Apr2012
Added Safe-T Stabilizer shock, port. generator, EZE RV gutters, curtains, memory foam 5.5" mattress, rebuilt bunk, Double Pancake LED light, O2 sensor, shore plug, 4655 Converter, Battery under couch, MaxxFan Fantastic Fan
lido14co
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992

Post by lido14co »

Tough to tell from the picture on their website. I'd suggest sending a picture of your broken part to Coach Supply. I did this with my 92 to Flexsteel who said that they no longer manufacture the part for a chair that old. I'm sending an email to Coach supply today.

Cliff
lido14co
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992

Post by lido14co »

Just got a reply from Coach Supply and they don't have parts that fit chairs twenty plus years old, although they'd be happy to sell me a new chair! Next move will be to swap the driver's chair arm with the passenger chair arm since we seldom adjust the seat back on the driver side. I can still recline the seat pulling the cable with pliers but the swap should make it easier. Just had the seats reupholstered so don't need to get new ones.

Cliff