Door Latch Cable problems

Make it comfortable inside
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Door Latch Cable problems

Post by Tucsonan »

I have had to repair the cables in both of my side doors due to a previous shoddy replacement job.

Now, My back door refuses to open. Has anyone else experienced this?

Because of the cabinetry in the rear of the van, I cannot remove the interior panel to access the cables or latch.
Does anyone have a recommendation before I drill through the rear door latch panel and have to replace the whole thing?
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"
Minniemouse
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996

Re: Door Latch Cable problems

Post by Minniemouse »

We have had problems with our side and back doors. At one point we could not use the side door to get out of the camper.
It had to be opened from the outside. My husband used JB Weld epoxy on the cable close to the latch. There is a bracket there.
The problem is that you will have to get the back door open to work on it. My husband says he cut a hole in the panel from the inside, then pulled the cable to open it. Dick says he would be happy to talk to you about it. He does not do email, except reading it. Not sure how to handle this as b190 members do not post their phone numbers, or direct email addresses.? Any suggestions? Is there are way to send you a private email?
Minnie Mouse, North Carolina southeastern coast
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Re: Door Latch Cable problems

Post by Tucsonan »

Thanks Minnie, I will send a message to you with my email address.
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"