Custom bathroom/1997+ insert?

Make it comfortable inside
DFink
New User

Custom bathroom/1997+ insert?

Post by DFink »

Hi all. I am very new here and have been interested in the van life for a while now. I work as a freelance designer so I can work from anywhere. I looked into doing a custom van conversion but realized I am not handy enough for that. I love how the b190 top bunk and use of space is honestly a better layout than most van conversions of that size.

The only issue is I like the 1997+ one piece wet bath but I like the extended front bunk on the earlier models. I was curious if anyone has ripped out the entire bathroom in an older model and done a large shower tray. I'm considering this if I ever purchase one and doing a composting toilet mounted to the shower tray. Thoughts?
Oldbagpipe
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1989
WBCCI: 0

Re: Custom bathroom/1997+ insert?

Post by Oldbagpipe »

I'd love to have a 'functioning' shower, but it just doesn't seem possible, as this minimal area currently doubles as our closet. Furthermore, due to the storage limitations regarding fresh, and gray water, we are looking at other options like an outside shower (my wife just shakes her head), or installing a shower in the trailer that much of the time is following our rig.