wind noise

Make it comfortable inside
mickle
B190 Year: 1998
WBCCI: 0

wind noise

Post by mickle »

Any suggestions on how to reduce wind noise when driving? I've realized the noise just makes long drives pretty tiring. Has anyone found a way to reduce the noise at highway speeds? Maybe new gaskets for the front doors or their windows? I have not really tried to figure out where most of it comes from. Or any other suggestions to reduce any driving noise in general?
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: wind noise

Post by skater »

mickle wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:13 am
Any suggestions on how to reduce wind noise when driving? I've realized the noise just makes long drives pretty tiring. Has anyone found a way to reduce the noise at highway speeds? Maybe new gaskets for the front doors or their windows? I have not really tried to figure out where most of it comes from. Or any other suggestions to reduce any driving noise in general?
What sort of wind noise are you getting? A high-pitch noise is an air leak somewhere. If you just mean general noise, the best thing might be to invest in "Dynamat"-type stuff, which is sound deadening material that sticks to the metal. It's expensive and heavy, and it's some level of work to install.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
silvertrooper
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996

Re: wind noise

Post by silvertrooper »

The only time the wind noise is really an issue is when I've left a vent or side window slightly open. Those sliding windows seem to like to hiss and howl when you hit highway speeds. I pretty much leave the bathroom vent open all the time, though, and that one isn't noticeable. I'm coming from driving a 1981 Blue Bird school bus, though, so I think the 190 pretty quiet and cush.