Installing Laminate Flooring

Make it comfortable inside
dougb
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

Installing Laminate Flooring

Post by dougb »

I just installed a maple laminate floor in my B190.........My wife and I did not care much for the carpet in the living area....Thanks to information on this website I completed the job without any major problems........But, it is more work then you might think....I could have done a large room in my house alot quicker.
If anyone has any questions, just drop us a line.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

How about some pictures? :)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

We have a thread where another member was doing something similar

http://b190.com/modules.php?name=Forums ... opic&t=141
jojo
Weekend Camper

Re: Installing Laminate Flooring

Post by jojo »

I tried the cork click and snap panels from ifloor.com. Because the space in the 1998 model is not square this made it difficult for my level of skill and resulted in some unwelcome spaces. Fortunately a throw rug has hidden my less than perfect cutting. Underneath the 98 floor are metal grooves which will need some support depending how the panels line up. This surprise has resulted in some creaking. I would hire a pro next time. The potential for spills to seep into the seams and rot up is not heartening. You will find that you need to order a whole new carton of panels because our space is just a few square feet over the one carton size. The second carton arrived with five panels damaged but ifloor compensated $30. after a difficult application process for a claim. Take care.