Bucket Seats

Make it comfortable inside
jburt9

Bucket Seats

Post by jburt9 »

While the fabric is in poor condition for both driver and passenger, the seats themselves are comfortable and functional enough. Can anyone recommend a source/brand for seat covers for my 1993 model?
RobertL
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

Post by RobertL »

It depends on the seats you have.
If you have the optional Flexsteel seats you are going to have a tough time finding covers, the others are ford stock and you can source lots of them online.

For the Flexsteel I would source some of the van and rv supply stores.
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999

Post by Alaskan »

On one rig in particular that had the Flexsteel seats....the existing covering was removed and the cloth sections were simply replaced with much better materials, and a slight re-design

The couch was done also..

Keystone
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Keystone »

I had the same problem with my seats, and part of my research uncovered this Web site, http://www.carcoverusa.com/RV-Seat-Glove.html. They look like they would fit, but I thought they were too expensive. I decided not to buy them, so I cannot give you a personal report on them.

I ended up doing a poor-man's version of the nice re-upholstery job shown in Alaskan's pictures, sewing new fabric over the old (by hand in my case), but without the tufting. I found a remnant of commercial, high-end upholstery fabric--enough to do the couch and seat backs--for about $60 on line. My new covers have had a full summer of use and are holding up well. No more bits of yellowing foam clinging to my back after a long drive.

Good luck with your search,
Keystone
jburt9

Post by jburt9 »

The seats are Flexsteel and I have not found a source for covers even on their website. Guess they want to sell you a new chair instead. For Alaskan, I assume that what you show is a custom job by a commercial upholsterer. It looks very nice. I am not handy enough to do them myself. I may just go with a "quick fit" matt-like cover found on-line at Camping World as a temporary solution until I am ready for the full monte. Thanks, all.
RCR
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1995

Re: Bucket Seats

Post by RCR »

I found some universal captains chair covers on discount at camping world in Little Rock, AR last summer. I think they were like $50 for 2 and matched the light tan interior as well as they are faux leather so they are easier to keep clean. They even had armrest covers.

I think they were on closeout though - so maybe check out online like ShearComfort.com.
1995 WHITE B190 7.5L - 108k
Banks PowerPack System installed 4/2012
Helig Swaybars installed 1/2012