Differences between 1991 and 1993 190s

Make it comfortable inside
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Differences between 1991 and 1993 190s

Post by Planck »

While it is fresh on my mind I would like to share my observations of the differences I have seen between our 91 190 that we had for 7 years and a 93 that we just got last week.
The 93 has no small vent windows on the front doors, which I will miss. The 93 has a small house battery which I do not care for. There is a second regular size deep cell under the seat, but it is not vented or sealed, and hard to get to for maintenance. The 91 has more interior room, as the relocated furnace took away the deep storage well in the closet where we kept the table and folding chairs. It also has a drawer to the right of the single sink which is nice for silverware. The 93 microwave takes away another storage cabinet above the fridge. The 93 has the sewer drain on the side as compared to the rear on the 91. This may be more convienient, but have not had a chance to try it yet. So, I think I like the 91 interior layout better, but have not had time to test out the new layout much.

The 93 E350 part, except for the house battery and lack of vent windows, I like better. It has a trip meter and power mirrors. The steering is not as loose, so it does not tend to wander at all compared to the 91. It also is not as rocky as the 91. Our 91 felt pretty tipsy on curves, undulating surfaces, etc. where the 93 does not exhibit this nearly as much. It has just one gas tank so I don't have to wait until the engine starts sputtering and quickly flip the tank switch. The 93 is getting about 1 mpg better milage so far.

The Airstream manual in the 93 is just as lacking in info as the 91.

We got the 93 because we loved the 91, so I am sure we will love this one also. The 91 worked great, but was very cosmetically challenged.

Phil
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

Welcome Phil....

First off that battery under the seat has been added by someone as its not original that way in a 1993. That non-venting issue should be corrected, we have a thread here related to that.

I agree that moving the furnace to the rear in the 1993 took away a neat storage area.

The sewer drains are about a toss-up IMO... we have a couple threads here about that also..including mods to make them less vulnerable to being damage.

The steering issues you had with your 1991 were just nothing more than it needed some adjustments and the "tipsy issue" could have been easily corrected, perhaps as easily as upgrading the shocks correctly ......your 1993 will get to that point