Hot water switch

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Luvrving
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Hot water switch

Post by Luvrving »

I don't understand the switch for the hot water. I have a 1991 and there is a switch for turning heater on but how do you turn it off?
Thanks, Myrna
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Re: Hot water switch

Post by Planck »

I don't use mine much, but I think you just turn the switch off and the gas shuts off.
Luvrving
Weekend Camper

Post by Luvrving »

The switch is like a rocker switch which turns the heater on and a red lite flashes but goes off. If the light flashes again, it didn't start if I understand it so you hit the switch again. So I was wondering if the heater goes off completely when the water is hot since there is no on/off type switch.
Myrna
craigmar
Seasoned Traveler

Post by craigmar »

When you turn on the heater the light will flash red and then go out, as stated if it stays red the heater did not go on. If it flashes red and then goes out your heater is on and will stay on until the temperature is reached and then will go off, when the temp drops the heater will again fire and get it back to temp, when you want the heater off you have to hit the rocker switch the opposite way of turning it on and that will turn the heater off. You can tell if the heater is on or off by going out and opening the panel and you should then be able to see if the pilot light is lit, or you could just listen as to whether it fires up.
Luvrving
Weekend Camper

Post by Luvrving »

Thanks. That makes sense now..sort of. I like the on/off switch better in my 30' Airstream MH : :wink:
Myrna
skater
Site Admin
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Luvrving wrote:Thanks. That makes sense now..sort of. I like the on/off switch better in my 30' Airstream MH : :wink:
Myrna
Sounds like yours has been changed - most of them do have the standard switch that is (probably) the same as your motorhome... At least, the one in my B190 was identical to other Airstream trailers I've seen. Can you get a picture?
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit