Driver and passenger chairs.

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
LarryMarty
Weekend Camper

Driver and passenger chairs.

Post by LarryMarty »

I have tried and tried to figure out how to make my seats lay back and swivel. I believe they are broken. There is no lever at all to do this, however on the arms of the chair, it does show arrows to make the chair swivel ... and to lay back, but they don't work.

I pulled up (as indicated on the chair arm) on the drivers chair and I littlerally broke it. the passenger chair control didn't break..but it doesn't work.

It seems obvious that pulling on the control, it's supposed to release the chair to swivel...because I see the cord, but I'm not sure how to go about repairing it,. Anyone had this happen to them?

skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

In mine, I have to pull up really far... but mine don't break when I do that.

Perhaps the cable has stretched over the years - see if you can find where the cable goes in the base of the seat and adjust it.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
LarryMarty
Weekend Camper

Post by LarryMarty »

Thanks Skater......that kind of relieves me knowing someone else has the same kind of chair......but yea.......I'll have to get under there and make the wire shorter.....then reattach it.

As far as breaking it.... it was the actual plastic on the arm rest that broke, not the place you pull up. It makes sense now that the wire is not moving because the handle won't come up. I'll let you know what I figure out.

BTW.... I got my overhead lights working at your "wise" advise........
You're the greatest!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

LarryMarty wrote:As far as breaking it.... it was the actual plastic on the arm rest that broke, not the place you pull up.
Yeah, that's what I figured you meant. I'm not sure how to describe mine, and I don't want anyone else (including me!) to have one break, but in mine I pull it up what I think is all the way, and nothing happens, then I realize it goes just a tad farther, and at that point the chair can be adjusted. It's kind of annoying and I do worry about the plastic part breaking. If I have time this weekend I might take a look at the setup, too.
BTW.... I got my overhead lights working at your "wise" advise........
You're the greatest!
Thanks. :)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit