Need help buying a very ODD B190!!!!

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
jb1rd73
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Re: Need help buying a very ODD B190!!!!

Post by jb1rd73 »

I am in the process of getting my B ready for a gel coat refurbish, was wondering if there was a rubber bumper wrapped around the upper and lower half of your clam shell top, if so did you have to do anything to it to get it to look so finished? I am using the 3m eraser wheel to get rid of the stripes and was thinking that I would get rid of the bumper but not sure what to do. Have you made any more progress on your camo job?
why3zx
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Re: Need help buying a very ODD B190!!!!

Post by why3zx »

There was no rubber bumper on mine, it was just a sticker stripe, and if you look close you will see that it does not look all that finished. they obviously didnt plan on this part being seen as the seam is pretty poorly finished. I am planning on trying to hide as much of the seam as possible with the camo. I have made a bit of progress but its mostly just learning, going to peel it all off and re-do it with lessons learned.

as for the eraser wheel, look on amazon and there is another brand that is about 1/3 the price of the 3M and works better, which is good because I used 6 (!!) wheels.