Question on weatherstrip/seal/gasket

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Re: Question on weatherstrip/seal/gasket

Post by Alaskan »

yep....that window installation material is the same...usually it works very well if installed correctly.

Its made for 1/4" fiberglass and 3/16" think window glass.... I suspect thats not the case with your rig,
which means that second piece will not tighten against the fiberglass and window glass enough to make it seal well

Another thing I see there...ya never install that material with the seam on the top...
Millennium Falcon
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991

Re: Question on weatherstrip/seal/gasket

Post by Millennium Falcon »

Yeah, it's weird, whoever installed the one on mine put the seam on top as well.
1991 Intervec Ford Falcon 190TBF
ParabikMiVep
New User
B190 Year: 1992

Question on weatherstrip/seal/gasket

Post by ParabikMiVep »

Hello All, I am as you know putting my beast back together. Now I got to the point of putting the windows back in but I found that the windscreen needs a new seal so that is on order but I believe I still can use the old one. Now the problem I have is in the corners it is very crispy and got lots of small cracks as you can expect. Now I went into Halfords to find something to clean up the seals and was advised to use hot soapy water which I did. I was also advised to fix the cracks to put the window back in place and then put some head gasket black sealant to work into the cracks. What are your thoughts on this subject is it a good idea or is there a better way someone has done?