Interior overhead light

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
craigmar
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Interior overhead light

Post by craigmar »

Is there a seperate breaker for the overhead lamp unit in the coach and if so where would it be located. My lamp doesn't work and I'm wondering if I need to buy a new one or if it's a breaker. Thanks, Craig.
skater
Site Admin
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Interior overhead light

Post by skater »

craigmar wrote:Is there a seperate breaker for the overhead lamp unit in the coach and if so where would it be located. My lamp doesn't work and I'm wondering if I need to buy a new one or if it's a breaker. Thanks, Craig.
The florescent one? In mine, that's on the same circuit as the other lights. See this for more info.

If you take out the bulbs, you can pop off that center piece, and the wires are right there and easy to check for voltage.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
craigmar
Seasoned Traveler
WBCCI: 0

non-working interior light

Post by craigmar »

Just a smll note to update the problem. After checking with a test light, I had power so the problem turned out to be the ballast. after checking prices on the net for a new ballast or light, I decided on a new lamp from one of the local camper supply houses and paid out $38.00 for the exact replacement versus $28.00 for the ballast. some of the net prices were a few dollars cheaper for the units but when shipping was added, it was cheaper to do a local purchase.